Sunday, October 24, 2021

While the Cat's Away...

...the mouse will play! Or at least some of the time. Actually, I got quite a bit of work done too. 

Two weeks ago, Butch went to Morocco with a couple of his buddies. This trip was a postponement from 18 months ago. It was touch and go right up until about a week before as to whether it was really going to happen. Air Canada canceled their flight at the last minute. That left them scrambling to find another way to get there. They had a very brief amount of time to catch their connecting flight in Detroit--which meant that there could be no room for error. Now-a-days, it's scary with the airlines canceling  flights, delays and long lines through security. Luckily, after the stress, they were on their way and ended up having a great time. 

While he was gone here's how it went for me:

What I accomplished:

I cleaned out my closet--again--seems like it's a monthly thing now!

Cleaned out my nightstand

Cleared Mindy’s dresser in preparation for the remodel

Cleaned out another file drawer--only one left

Painted the old chandelier

Had Karolyn and Pam over to plan out our South Dakota layout

Did my part of the South Dakota layout

Put together my scrapbook kit for AYM

Started planning for our scrapbook retreat (unfortunately, The Memory Make Inn has closed. That means now we have to bring tables, lights and FOOD! There's a lot more planning involved)

Did my challenge layout


Where I went:

Took the girls to Char for dinner

Went to the Rolling Stones Concert

Met the family for brunch at The Row for Mitchell’s 25th birthday

Met Connie to see The Many Saints of Newark

Saw these movies too:

Free Guy

Time to Kill

Addams Family 2

Went to the dentist for step one of a crown

Had a doctor appointment

All the usual errands: grocery store, bank, pick up photos, Target and a few extras: picking up Steph and Nicky’s print from France from the framer, Service Jewelry for a necklace and a few other things.

Lunch with Madelyn


So as you can see, it was a productive week with quite a bit of fun too. The week went by pretty fast, but I have to admit, I was happy when he got home. We reviewed his pictures as he told me all about his trip. He decided which of his pictures he wanted me to scrapbook and I sent them to Walgreen's for printing. I'll be leaving on Wednesday for our fall scrapbook retreat at Kentucky Lake. I'll be working solely on our trips. That way I can just bring all of my travel related papers and embellishments. That will definitely make it easier to focus on just one thing. 


The demolition part of the remodel starts on Monday. I'm not looking forward to this--it's always a mess and soooo much work--on both ends. Because we're getting new carpet in three rooms, all the stuff has to be moved. I'm not quite sure how that's going to work. We'll already have the stuff from Mindy's room out. But then it will all have to be moved back to clear the next room for carpet. As for my office, that furniture is pressed wood and so heavy. Christy, my designer friend, tells me that the installers will be able to handle it. I haven't ordered the new furniture yet as I figured I need to wait until everything is finished rather than have more stuff in the way that just has to be moved from room to room. Currently, one of the vanities is in the garage. I have no idea how they are going to get that upstairs. It's huge and weighs 400 lbs. Christy tells me not to worry--it's her problem! That's why I hire her! She does the worrying. We'll see how that goes.


I'm already tired!



1 comment:

  1. You used your time very productively! Looking forward to seeing your remodelling before and afters. We have new carpet coming this week for our bedroom, the stairs and landing. Fortunately hardly any furniture to be moved apart from the bed and a chair as our wardrobes etc are all built in so the carpet will have to work around them!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.