Saturday, October 23, 2021

Something for Saturday

This post is going to be all about food. I've had these random photos for awhile--just waiting for a time to use them. So, here goes:

I have never see this before. Swimming Crab Meat? What does that even mean? I pictured opening the lid and seeing something actually swimming. It sort of creeped and grossed me out at the same time. I didn't buy it, but then, I don't think I've ever bought fresh crab meat.

Have you ever made spaghetti squash? I've only tried it for the first time, this year. I really like it. It's really hard to cut. When you do, you have to scrape out the seeds and pulp out. Then I spray it with butter flavored Pam and place it cut-side down on parchment paper. 
Bake at 350 for about 45 minutes. Using a fork, you just start scooping it out. It's amazing how much it makes. I also learned that you can freeze it. I did not scoop out the second half and just put it in a ziplock bag and froze it. Then when I wanted it, I just thawed it out and scooped it out then. It was perfect. No, it's not really like spaghetti--the texture is not quite the same. But it's good. Great for a lower calorie option--which I'm still choosing these days.
These are the last of my friend, Karolyn's tomatoes. I was so happy that she chose to share them with me. I don't think anyone likes tomatoes more than I do! When I was a kid, my grandfather always saved his biggest one for me!
I had a bowl of cereal for breakfast the other day. As I was eating it, I thought to myself, this almond milk tastes exactly like real milk. Now I've only bought almond milk one other time. So, I don't have that much experience with it. It's expensive and I don't know how long you can keep it. Anyway, as I was eating it, it dawned on me--I think I actually used real milk! No wonder! Still, the almond milk is a pretty good substitute. I like it, but I hate wasting it.
Sandy introduced me to this cereal. It works with my program and is really good! I got 4 boxes---one of each flavor because it was cheaper that way (on Amazon). It's also nice to use as a snack without the milk. Just something to munch on.

I pulled this photo off of Facebook to tell a story. When I was a kid, I lived for candy. I usually spent my 25 cent allowance all on candy in one fell swoop. If I was lucky, I could make it last two days. Anyway, that left a lot of week without candy. So my friends and I would ride around on our bikes hunting for soda bottles. We would redeem the bottles for the 2 cent deposit--or the large bottles for a nickel. And, they looked like the bottles above--all dirty and gross. One day, we had a wagon full and hauled them to the store. The lady said she wouldn't take them until we washed them. So, home we went and spent the afternoon scrubbing. All for the love of candy. And, yes, it was totally worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.