Wednesday, October 20, 2021

What I Buy Wednesday!

Oh, yeah, I bought something. Or I should say I bought many somethings. 

It's time to start thinking Christmas. As I was thinking about Christmas, my multiples problem kicked in. I can't believe I fell for it. I'm a bit embarrassed to admit it. But, I did. You know that saying: "If it sounds too good to be true--it usually is?" Well, I didn't heed that advice.

I got scammed. Yes, indeed, I got scammed. I'm admitting it. Embarrassment and all. Here's what happened.

A couple of months ago, I fell victim to a Facebook ad for clearance Kate Spade purses. Now everyone knows that Kate Spade is my jam. All of my girls like Kate Spade too. So, I went to the website--which I might add--looked 100% totally legit. The purses were twenty bucks!! Yep, as unbelievable as that is, they were $20.00. Every single thing about it looked legit. So what did I do? I bought one in every color for each of the girls and one for myself--that's 8 in all. 

Once the transaction was complete, I already had an inkling that I'd been scammed a couple days later. It's pretty much a dead give-away when the receipt comes with some Chinese writing. I thought right then and there that at the very least, what I was getting were fakes. Oh well, fake Kate Spade bags are not the end of the world.

I waited over a month for the purses--actually, it was more like 6 weeks. Finally, they arrived.
They are really fairly nice--at least they are leather. But here's the kicker: these bags do not even have the Kate Spade logo!!! What??? I was certain that you could see the logo on the website--you know, all those photos of the bag from different angles and the inside too? Well, there wasn't one.

I couldn't believe it! I was sure the purse was pictured with the logo. To verify that, I went back to the Kate Spade website that I purchased from that looked totally like a Kate Spade website and this is what popped up:
Oh yeah, I was scammed! Now everyone that knows me, knows that I always try to look on the bright side. I can find three bright sides here:
1. For what they are, they are probably worth twenty bucks. Well, unless the leather is some sort of unknown animal. No way to know that. But if you saw the bags at Target, you would think they were worth it.
2. The girls are getting these purses as bonus gifts.
3. At least I got free shipping!!

Oh, and one last thing. When you see me carrying my Kate Spade bag, you can be sure that it's real!!! 

And that's my story for "What I Buy Wednesday!" 

1 comment:

  1. Oh how annoying. It makes me so cross that companies can get away with things like this.
    At least your girls will get a new handbag out of it, it would have been worse if they had taken your money and disappeared off the face of the internet. Have you reported it to Facebook? Too late for you but you may be able to stop them appearing under a new name and have other people scammed in the same way.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.