Wednesday, June 30, 2021

What I Didn't Buy Wednesday

While I was gone for two weeks, everything happened at home regarding the redecorating of the family room. Painting was completed, draperies were installed, a chair was reupholstered and the new furniture was delivered. When Sandy was here last week, she helped Butch put the room back together. It was so much fun to come home and get the "wow" factor.

The only thing left is to put our latest family portrait over the fireplace. I haven't even figured out which of the 100 pictures the photographer took on Butch's birthday weekend that I want to use. We need to decide, get it ordered and then framed. I have no idea how long that will take. I definitely want to get that in the works this week.

Everything looks so much lighter and brighter---exactly what I was going for. I wanted a few new "things" to add to the decor, so we went shopping. Sandy had introduced me to a woman who posts on Instagram as My Texas House. Of course, I knew she would have a blog and am now a follower. You can find her here. She shows her decorating skills and has products at Walmart. I didn't really find her line there, so I'm thinking it must be online only. I found the products here

While at Walmart, I noticed The Pioneer Woman also has her line there. 

This is just a small sampling of what they have. There is cookware, bowls, dishes, you name it. All so colorful. Still, I resisted!

I didn't buy anything, but I did get some ideas for the bedrooms and baths that we are remodeling next. I'm not a Walmart shopper. In fact, I don't really like Walmart at all. But, I'm not going to totally rule it out! I'll keep you posted.

Update:
Just ask soon as I posted this, Sandy sent me pictures of what she bought. She said that right now, everything is only available online. I love it!
The rug is fabulous!
She also got these pictures.


They are watercolors. Sandy plans to get some bedding for Mitchell's room. My Texas Home is coming out with some masculine things soon. She said the quality and prices are great. 

I'm seriously going to have to pay closer attention as I move on to my next project.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.