Wednesday, June 23, 2021

Let's Take a Walk..

...through my garden. 

I planned this post for last week, but then didn't have a chance to write it due to my sister's surgery. She was in the hospital for 8 days, but all is good now! We'll be heading to Salem, MO later today. I'm not sure how good the internet will be down there in the middle of no where. We'll see.

Just thought I'd share some photos of my garden. 
Even though not much is blooming here yet, I love all the different textures.
I have always loved the Japanese painted ferns in the left front. They add another color and a break from so many greens.
My Kousa Dogwood is so tall now that I can barely see the flowers. I have to make a point to look for them. They bloom late May/early June.
When I put these in years ago, they were some sort of French hydrangeas. They look very much like the endless summer ones I have in the front yard.
You have to look close to see the new redbud I had planted in the place of the giant magnolia that came down during a storm last year. You can see the tall tree behind.
Here's a better picture of it. I am still lamenting the one just like it that was behind our pool. I still hate that the neighbors behind us took it down. It was so pretty and provided so much privacy. As Butch predicted, they are putting a pool. It just looks so bare on that side. Oh well. Hopefully the green giant arborvitaes will start growing. They are supposed to grow 36" a year! 

Things happen so fast at this time of year. I can't wait to see how everything looks when I get home on Sunday. I will have been gone two weeks. That's a long time in garden time!!

How does your garden grow?

1 comment:

  1. Wow! It looks like you have a very impressive garden! Do you do all the work yourselves? Looks like it is a lot of land to take care of. I love all the natural planting round the trees in the first couple of photos. and those hydrangeas are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.