Saturday, June 19, 2021

Butch is Always Prepared!

And it doesn't matter where he is! I've said it before, he could live in his car and have all of the creature comforts. For sure. 

When we're traveling, it's the same way. Just ask for something and I can pretty much guarantee he has it. He should have been on that show "Let's Make a Deal!" 

Well, I never dreamed that his "prepared-ness" would even show itself in his home office! Here's the story:

One morning, I went up to his office and made myself comfortable. I had something to discuss with him. 

I was sitting in this chair.

As we were talking, I noticed that I had a rough edge on my nail. I thought to myself, every good office desk drawer should contain an emery board---at least mine do!! I have emery boards in both my office desk drawers and the kitchen desk drawer, my scrapbook tote and room, plus one next to my chair in the family room and, of course the bedroom and bathroom. Still, I never dreamed he'd have one in his office. I went ahead and asked anyway. He handed me this:
OMGosh! This pouch contained EVERYTHING!! There are q-tips, cotton pads, binder clips, mini stapler and staples, bandaids, nail clippers and an emery board. I'm sure if I'd dug a little further  I would have found a rain poncho, comb and energy bar! I used the emery board , but was intrigued with what I thought was some sort of lip balm. I pulled it out. It was this:
What??? I've never even seen such a thing as this. No wonder he's so calm when he's in his office! Seriously, I wonder where that came from. Like I said, the guy has anything you could ask for--just about anywhere he is!!
He's so cute! Happy Father's Day to the "goat!"




1 comment:

  1. He sounds like he was a model Boy Scout when he was younger and has learnt to always 'be prepared' !

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.