Thursday, July 25, 2019

What's Happening'!

It's been awhile since I've done one of these posts. It's always a good standby when there doesn't seem to be anything interesting going on.

Thinking: Whether I'm going to do my grocery shopping this afternoon or wait until the morning. I prefer to shop in the morning, but I really need to start cooking then. Sandy and family will be here tomorrow night for several days. We have a special event planned, so the whole family will be here.

Thankful for: Gel nails. I tried them once years ago. I decided I didn't like them because they ruined my nails. Well, fast forward about 10 years. My nails are still ruined (I guess from the Xolair), so why not? I had nothing to lose. I did the gel nails right before our London trip. Mainly, I wanted my polish to last. My nails were so weak that they started peeling within a couple days of my manicure. The gel nails have allowed me to have nice looking nails again. Shallow, I know, but, whatever....I'm not always deep (okay, rarely).

Cooking: For the family dinner, I'm doing Italian. I haven't made homemade meatballs in awhile. I'm trying to decide if we'll just have spaghetti or if I want to make gnocchis.

Taking: Notes on houses we want to drive buy. Still thinking of moving, but we're too picky and want the exact situation for us. The house can't be farther out than where we are now. It needs to be newer--we already have an old house with old house problems. The girls want another pool--I'm telling myself that a newer pool wouldn't have so many problems. It has to have a nice yard--not ready to have people on top of us. And--here's the big one--the rest of the houses around it have to be nice. With neighborhoods turning over, you might have a brand new house, but everything else around it looks awful! A lot of criteria that will pretty much keep us where we are! On the plus side, our house is worth quite a bit more than we thought!

Wearing: Still in my robe as it's early.

Hoping: That the latest pool problem turns out to be an easy fix and not too expensive. Pools are definitely a money pit!

Planning: To get my grade school friends together again when I'm in St. Louis in August. We'll see. I have a lot to work in during that trip.

Working: I'm on a roll with my stitching. I'm loving what I've been working on lately and can't wait to get back to it. I've been staying up way too late and getting up way too early. I'm obsessed.
Lots of beading, but that really adds to the beauty. Sandy has already called "dibs" but I'm giving her the option of the recent Santa that is currently at the framers.

Reading: Loving this book: Mrs. Everthing by Jennifer Weiner. I'm getting pretty aggravated with the library. It seems that I will just about never be able to get my book club books from there anymore. Both selections for this month have a 6 months waiting list. I guess I'll be back to buying my book club books again. Hate that. I've been spoiled.

Loving: My flowers. They are looking pretty awesome about now. I had no idea that the hibiscus planted at the mailbox last year were perennials.
They look great next to the mandevilla. I call the hibiscus daily flowers because the blooms only last one day. Luckily there are a lot of them!

Watching: Binging Empire and Deadwood. I'm getting a little bored with Deadwood. I tried to start The Romanoffs but couldn't really get in to it. Still watching The Bachelorette---my guilty pleasure. After that, Bachelor in Paradise starts up. Not much to watch during the summer.

Creating: Can't say much is happening in the creative department. I think I'm losing my zest for scrapbooking. I have so many albums. I keep thinking, the "kids" aren't going to want this many. Plus, I think I've told most of the stories I wanted to.

Bumming: That we have not had ABC for 3 weeks now. I'm missing George and Robin---and Kelly and Ryan for sure! It's where I get my news and is the only station we watch live. Everything else is recorded. I tried calling Direct TV. The guy wouldn't talk to me because I am not the account holder. I said to him, "So, let me ask you. Do you seriously think my husband would object to me trying to get an adjustment to our bill?" Still, I got nowhere. This is ridiculous. Pay the friggn' bill on your end and get ABC back!! Otherwise, we'll have to move on.

Hearing: The sound of Mitchell cooking. I'm torn between wanting to do it myself so as to avoid the mess. Don't get me wrong, he cleans up. But not to my---sometimes unreasonable---standards. 

Appreciating: Having that boy around. It's been fun---but then it hasn't even been a week yet. We'll see if he makes the list the next time!

Regretting dreading: That pool bill! On the other hand, if you recall the "dirty water" incident, then you know that we had quite a hefty water bill---a little over $600! I called the water company and they adjusted it down to $252! I was really happy about that---which gave me the oomph to call Direct TV. That knocked the wind out of my sails!

Looking Forward to: Playing bridge today. Once a month just doesn't cut it for me. I miss it. On the other hand, it's not really fun to play with a different partner every week. Still, if that's what I have to do. It's good for the brain.

Weekending: We have a busy one planned. Friday night, family dinner and party. Saturday is a pool day. Sunday a big breakfast and then the new Quentin Tarantino movie--Once Upon a Time in Hollywood. After that we don't have any definite plans. Sandy will be here until Thursday. I'm sure there will a lot of pool time.

That's what's happenin' around here. What's happenin' in your neck of the woods?

1 comment:

  1. What do you mean nothing interesting is going on? Sounds like you are keeping busy nonetheless. That needlework is stunning!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.