Saturday, July 13, 2019

Don't you just love it when....

...you pull in to an intersection where once you go through, it goes to one lane and the person on your left guns it because by damn, you are not going to get ahead of him? I have a friend who says this really pisses her off when someone thinks they are going to get ahead of her by settling in to the right lane. I've tried every which way to convince her that having two lanes going through the intersection is to help disperse the traffic. It's perfectly fine---and meant for both lanes to be used! Personally, I use that lane all the time. I always choose the least crowded lane.

Don't you just love it when...
...you get home from the grocery store and there is never anybody around to help you carry the groceries in? Of course with just the two of us, it's bound to happen, but every time! Darn it anyway!!

Don't you just love it when...
...you get somewhere at their opening time and they aren't open? Our Honey Baked Ham store is the worst. It's happened many times. In fact, Stephanie waited almost a half hour on Steeplechase Saturday. She ended up going to the grocery instead. I just wait and fume. Luckily it was just a few minutes today. I don't have time to vary my route and come back. Remember, I live on a timeline! You can click on that to refresh your memory.

Don't you just love it when...
...you are in the middle of a recipe and find that you are missing an ingredient? It happened to me twice while cooking for our family vacation. Remember my multiples problem? Well, that's why I don't usually run out of stuff. But since I'm trying to control that, apparently someone forgot to put things on the list. I started with making Chex Mix. I usually do a triple batch. Well, this time I was only able to do one batch as I ran out of worstershire sauce. I had no idea. If it weren't in a dark bottle, maybe I would have known. And then, when I started making the brownies, I did not have enough vegetable oil. I did have olive oil and olives are a vegetable (I think), so I did the only thing I could---I asked Alexa. She said that it's perfectly fine to use them interchangeably. I guess she would know! We'll see how the brownies turn out. I'll let you know.

Don't you just love it when...
...you're trying to get out-of-town and something throws a major glitch in the plans? You might remember that dirty water filling up the pool a couple weeks ago on the day we were to leave for London. Well, we have another weird thing happening today---we leave tomorrow. There seems to be something in the chimney. I am not opening the doors. All I can think of is when Connie came home to a disgusting odor about 25 years ago. They traced it to the fireplace. Jack jiggled the damper and 6 dead birds fell out!! I guess, we'll wait and see if our house smells when we get home next week. I don't really know what to do at this point anyway.

Don't you just love it when...
...you find something you really like and try to buy it only to discover that it's been discontinued? Just happened to me at Bath and Bodyworks. There was a hand soap that I just loved the smell of---Of course I couldn't get it! Surprisingly, it's on Ebay selling for 30 bucks--and you have to buy 5! I don't think so! I don't love it that much! Well, yes I do, but I can't pay that! Click on that link and see for yourself!

Don't you just love it when...
...you're eating and the servers keep trying to take your plate? We went to the club for dinner with the family. It was one server after another trying to take the plates away. Sometimes you want to keep the salad to go with the rest of your meal! Same with the appetizers. If the plates are empty, I get it. Take it away. But if it has food on it, leave it be.

So, what things are you not loving these days??

Off to Stillwater Resort in the heart of the Ozarks near Branson, MO for our family vacation. There will be 29 of us. It will be wild and crazy and oh, so much fun! I'm taking my computer this time, so just maybe I might squeeze in a post or two!




3 comments:

  1. That traffic issue is a bug bear for me too! It's like they deliberately get in that lane just to cut you up and get in front.
    Also the grocery shopping - I guarantee Paul will suddenly reappear as I'm putting the last item away!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can relate to most of this, but especially the discontinued favorites. Every damn time I settle in on a body wash the scent I like gets eliminated!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have always announced "I'm home with a trunkful of groceries" the minute I step through the back door when I get back from the grocery store. Both the kids and now hubby know that means I am expecting them to help, but I don't think I should have to ask them to help. They always come and help. I wonder if they would put that on their lists of "don't you just love it when" complaints. And now on the times when hubby and I don't go to the grocery store together, whoever did not go then puts away, so that we both know what is available to fix. I'm lucky on this count.

    But don't get me started on stupid drivers!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.