Tuesday, July 23, 2019

Tuesday Thoughts about...

...women.

In this day and age of the "me too" movement, it seems that you have to be really careful about how women are portrayed and talked about. Personally, I think perhaps we've gone a little overboard. Don't get me wrong, I believe in empowering women, equal rights and all that jazz, but I'm thinking women have gotten a little too sensitive. I'm not afraid to admit it--- I was flattered if I got whistled at. Heck, if I got whistled at today, I'd probably pay the guy!!! I get it, objectifying women and all, but really---isn't it more of a compliment?

So, mainly my post today is about music. Granted, the songs we enjoyed in the 60's are so politically incorrect these days, that I'm surprised they have not been banned from the radio. Still, I get a kick out of them. Here are a few of my favorites.

That's the way boys are...
Listen to those words. He treats her rough? That would never fly today.

Maybe I know...but what can I do?
There's no way a song today can portray a helpless woman!

I will follow him...
Okay, this is just me, but what's up with her hands? I think she might be wearing gloves, but why? Anyway, the days of following men seem to have come and gone. All I've got to say is that I'm so glad I followed mine!! I have no regrets.

I just want to lighten up, relax, enjoy the music and have a good time scoffing at the lyrics. What about you?

1 comment:

  1. Not to mention that the “I will follow him” song makes the girl sound like a complete stalker. Like ‘hey lady, if your man is traversing oceans and climbing mountains to get away from you then maybe you need to take a hint’ 😂

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.