Thursday, July 11, 2019

There's Something About Moving

Yes, it's a lot of work.
Yes, it's overwhelming.
Yes, it's a hassle.
Yes, it's tiring.
Yes, it's stressful.
And, Yes, it's sad.

But...

It can be joyous.
It can be exciting.
It can be cleansing.
It can be a fresh start.
It can be rewarding.

Moving is ALL of those things!!! In our 48 years, we've moved 8 times. I was excited every time. Now, I could be excited again if we found the perfect situation. Here's what's holding us back:
1. No place to move to--Butch says I'm too picky---and he's right.
2. The "kids" are having a fit that we are considering a move.
3. It's going to be soooo much work. A LOT!

When we moved from our very first apartment, we moved and were completely settled in one day---to the point that we had a poker game at our house that evening! Granted, we ordered pizza, but still! That's when everything we owned could fit in two pickup truckloads! Those days are long gone!

Still, I could get really excited to get a fresh start. Just like Sandy and family. We visited them this past weekend in their new home north of Atlanta. OH, MY GOSH, y'all! I could move right in! The house is gorgeous and NEW!! In fact, we could just move down the street into a new house of our own. But then, all three of the things holding us back above apply.

Instead, I'll live vicariously through Sandy!
They've moved in to a brand new neighborhood in Marietta, GA.
 View when you come in through the front door. The first thing I noticed was all of the walls had rounded corners. I've never seen that before. Love it! Through the windows at the back of the family room is the screened porch.
 The porch has a fireplace and big screen tv!
 The dining room is near the front door. 10 foot ceilings make it seem extra spacious.
Built ins on both sides of the real  fireplace---they've always had the kind of fireplaces that were behind glass doors and you flipped it on with a switch. You can't tell, but behind the shelves is shiplap.
 I love the open concept. The kitchen island is huge too--the kind you have to circle to wipe down!
This is the butler's pantry with shiplap too. Also there's a beverage center that the kids are calling a mini fridge. Sandy said that makes it sound like a college dorm! I love all the white woodwork and cabinetry---and so does Sandy. She's waited a long time for that!
This picture is looking down the hallway to the laundry room and outside door. It's a glass door, hence the glare as the sun shines in.
 I love all the tile throughout the house too.
The master bedroom is on the first floor. This room is huge! They just got a king bed and there's still plenty of room. The full sized sofa is from their old living room. They are not quite sure what they are going to do with it. It fits perfectly and is not crowded at all. I say keep it! One of the kids is going to need it sooner or later.
Master bath. I didn't want to be in the picture, but when you are taking pictures in front of mirrors, there's not a lot you can do about it!
 The other side.
Victoria's room---also on the first floor. Actually, since Victoria is heading off to college, I think I'll be using it more than her. So, let's just call it my room! 
Sandy might want to shoot me for this as the entire house was perfect when we arrived---but I didn't take the pictures then. This is real! This is Elizabeth's room. She offered to make the bed before I took the pictures. But, this is a real teenager's room! All the rooms are huge. She has a queen bed. One thing I especially love is my needlework on the far wall. I made this for the nursery before Mitchell was born. It's been through three babies. Elizabeth has claimed it for her own! Love that.
 Here's where she spends most of her time. She got to pick this out for her new room. While she was still in school in Charlotte, Mitchell and Victoria tortured her by sending them photos of them hanging out in her room and using her chair! Siblings!
Mitchell's temporary room---he's moving to Nashville and living with us for awhile as he starts his big boy, real life, job! I was so impressed that he made his bed on his own!! I asked him about that. He said he made his bed at Clemson almost all the time too! Good boy!! It's a great way to start the day.
 The house has 5 bedrooms. They turned this one in to an office. They don't really need an office, but what the heck. The room looks almost empty. I really can't believe how big these bedrooms are.
 This is the rec room.
 Stephanie and Nicky were there too. She has storage envy for sure!!! There are so many closets and storage everywhere. I love seeing organized and spacious closets. Mine are stuffed to the gill.
This is just one of their attic storage areas--all walk in. They are able to store all of their Christmas stuff on the first floor!! No pull down attic steps and hauling boxes from upstairs. I thought I loved my Christmas closet, but it is upstairs!
 And then you have this guy! Titan has his own suite---in the way of an empty walk in closet!!
It's a mini doggie apartment: starting from the left and going clockwise: bedroom, living room, bathroom and kitchen! Seriously, I want to decorate it.
Titan hanging out in his living room. When we were looking at it, he hurried up and went in---as if we were going to mess with his stuff!!
 Speaking of Titan, have you ever heard of a dog who hates to go for a walk?
He tries to dig in, but due to the slippery floors, he's easy to drag along!! Could it be since the vet says he's a pound overweight that he's too chubby and lazy to walk? Whatever! He mostly gets carried on his walks. Hmmm, that doesn't sound half bad!

Anyway, the house is gorgeous---all new smelling and perfectly organized. I want that!!! Not likely, so I'll just have to visit Sandy--because---well, it's only 3 1/2 hours now!!! So much closer. We're so excited!

There's just something about moving!

2 comments:

  1. What a lovely house! No wonder it got you thinking about moving yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, it is beautiful. I like those rounded corners too, and that butler's pantry is to die for. I would never move into a house that didn't have at least 9' ceilings - 10' sounds even more heavenly.

    And I agree with you, if you have room for "extra" furniture hold onto it for kids. They'll appreciate the savings when they get out on their own. In fact that's the subject of an upcoming post on my blog.

    I hope they have many, many happy years there. Blessings to them.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.