Tuesday, July 30, 2019

The trouble with subscription television...

...it's not like the old days when you just had to have a tv and turn it on. Now-a-days, you need all kinds of fancy equipment and a subscription service to get anything worthwhile. I know this for a FACT!

 I have a tv upstairs that is not connected to a satellite or cable. I get exactly 4 channels---2-1; 2-2; 8-1; 8-2. So, that works for me because the "2's" are ABC. the "8's" are PBS. That works for me because it's in my scrapbook room.

But for all of our other tv's we have Direct TV for which we pay a subscription. We have not had ABC for a month now. When I called to get an adjustment to our bill, they wouldn't talk to me since Butch is the account holder. But, I did discover that Direct TV is also ATT. I don't know which owns who, but they are both the same---when it comes to what they are paying for us to have.

All this to say, that Butch was able to get them to take $15.00 off of this month's bill and $10.00 off every month for the next year. Supposedly, they are going back to the negotiating table on August 8 and the problem should be resolved. If not, we're leaving!!

Just wanted to put this out there for any of you having this same problem. You do have to jump through a lot of hoops to get the discount, but it's worth it in the long run. Why do we have to go through all this hassle? Seems to me that the best customer service they could have is to send an email to ALL customers telling them they are going to give everyone this discount! Now that would be somethin'! A company doing the right thing without us having to go through the hassle!

1 comment:

  1. Seems problems with subscription tv is the same the world over! The thing that really makes me cross is when you have to subscribe to a bundle of channels on top of the terrestrial ones, we have about 40 channels and in reality we only watch about six of them! I'd rather just pay for the ones I want!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.