Wednesday, July 25, 2018

What I Buy Wednesdays

Well, I did pretty good this week. We were on vacation and I didn't succumb to temptation! The only thing I bought was this:
So last summer when we were at Ellis Island, I discovered the Passport to your National Parks. I bought the book then and have added stamps from all over the country ever since. You would be surprised at how many places are run by the parks department---like the Statue of Liberty, Alcatraz and Appomatox. That's where I bought this darling ornament. We've always collected ornaments from wherever we travel. A couple years ago, we quit doing that because we have so many ornaments now---boxes that don't even make it on the tree. Well, I just couldn't pass up the replica park passport. Actually, that was a good buy since that one ornament represents so many places we've been to this year already--Muir Woods, the Golden Gate Bridge, Alcatraz, Yosemite, Shiloh, Trail of Tears, Williamsburg and Yorktown. That's just in the past 6 weeks! Many more to come.
And then there's this. I didn't even have to buy it! Starbucks gives away their used coffee grounds to use in the garden. Who knew? Coffee grounds are good as fertilizer and especially good to keep slugs away from hostas. It's kind of a messy job but should be worth it!

So, I might not have much to show for this week, but by the time you are reading this, I will be off to Los Angeles with Mindy. She won an all expense paid trip for 2!! Since it was so close to our family vacation, Justin was not able to go. Sad for him, but lucky for me. I'll post the story when I get some photos to go with it! I'm pretty sure I'll buy something!

2 comments:

  1. How lucky that you get to go on that all expenses paid trip! Even more fun to go away when someone else is paying ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my … I want one of those ornaments! We get our parks passport stamped often … just picked up three national parks in Alaska. :) But I've never seen that ornament.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.