Thursday, July 12, 2018

It's All in the Details

A friend was once talking about the beauty of Greece. My first thought---"yes, in the broader. view, it's beautiful. But close up---let's say it could use some help." In Greece, as I was looking out over the ocean and marveling at the beauty, I happened to look down and see a broken lawn chair laying in the weeds. This was a popular tourist place, yet trash was in clear view. Same for Santorini---such beauty in the colors of the houses built in to the cliff. Then I look down and there's an old ratty mop and bucket that hadn't been used in ages---just tossed over the wall. That's what I mean---beauty in the broader view, but not so much in the close up. It's the close up that concerns me.

I think a lot of places are beautiful, but that's not always what pops in to my mind right away. It's the details that really impress me.

While in San Francisco a few weeks ago, we went to the botanical gardens. It was gorgeous. But it's the close-up details that do it for me.









 This was my favorite. I don't know what it is, but it's awesome!



See what I mean? Close up is best!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.