Tuesday, July 10, 2018

Tuesday Thoughts About...

iCloud. So, you have everything backed up on the "cloud." You think you're covered. You feel confident that the "cloud" is doing its job. Well, so did I. The "cloud" is really not all that!

My recent computer problems has taught me a valuable lesson. SOME things are on the cloud---but not everything. One of the things that the Mac "genius" tried was wiping my hard drive. He asked if I had everything backed up. I confidently told him that I had it all backed up to iCloud. He acted like that was good. He failed to tell me that it's not foolproof.

I lost a lot. A LOT! All my pictures are there. My internet reading list is there. Actually, most things are there. What's missing are some documents---random documents. Important stuff. Not all the documents, but ones I need! Emails and the folders I created to keep them in are missing. That's really a problem. All beach business---gone. ALL travel reservations and information---gone!

No telling what else is missing. I'll find out as I go along. Bummer.


1 comment:

  1. Don't you love technology....when it works!!
    Sorry that you lost so much...I know the feeling as I have lost my photos more than once :(

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.