Wednesday, December 13, 2017

The Magic of Christmas...

...is at Stephanie's house! Everything looks gorgeous! You be the judge.

The festivity starts when you walk up to the door.

Here's a close up of the winter pots Sara (our garden girl) did for her.

I particularly love this view at night. She posted this one on Facebook---noting that her UPS man knew to put the packages under the tree.
Stephanie hosted our annual ornament exchange last night. She decided to have a hot chocolate bar. I arrived early to get a few things going. The hot chocolate was made in the crockpot. It was so creamy and rich. I've requested the recipe, so I'll share it when I get it. She had all kinds of toppings and mix ins like Baileys and Peppermint Schnapps. It was so good!


I've raised a "lister!" She is definitely her mother's daughter! Hmm. There's the hot chocolate recipe!

Now for a few more peeks at her decorations:


I made this pillow for her several years ago. It is one of my favorites. I just love that heart background!


 Her nutcracker collection on the mantle is just perfect---doesn't interfere with the tv.
 The chairs are not usually here---just for the party.
 I don't think anyone had the eggnog--I should have just to use the antique cups!
 Oh look! My car's parked out front!


With all of those windows, everything glows at night!

The ornament exchange was really fun this year. All of the ornaments were great---which caused a lot of stealing. That makes it so much fun! But the best part is having all of our daughters and some granddaughters together. It only happens at Christmas time! Nancy's daughter, Paige, even flew in from NYC to be with us this year. I was really happy about that. I love seeing everybody together!

And, I just love going to other people's houses at Christmas time. I like to see their trees and decorations. A festive drink is welcomed too! What's your favorite festive drink?






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.