Sunday, December 24, 2017

It's Official...

...I'm OLD!!! I know. I've said it before. But it's really true!

Okay, I'll admit, I've been resistant to going downtown for a long time now. Well, ever since Butch retired and I no longer have my free parking pass. Plus, when he knew I was going to be down there for something, he had someone meet me and save a prime spot. Yes, spoiled. I know it.

We've been downtown several times recently and have really enjoyed it. So when a business associate of Butch's called to offer us tickets to the Garth Brooks concert, we were all over it. Plus, the seats were in a suite. I didn't even know they had such a thing for concerts. Now, I think it's the only way to go! Anyway, we almost didn't make it!

It was pouring down rain the whole day---just yucky all the way around. The concert was to start at 7. Knowing there would be opening acts, we were in no rush. We left the house at 6:30---torrential downpour. We got downtown and the best parking lot was full (duh, I knew it would be by going so late). So we drove around for a bit before deciding to park at the Music City Center. I came very close to saying, "Let's just forget it!" We parked in the bowels of the garage. Did I ever tell you that I hate parking garages---never mind that they afforded our life!

We grabbed 2 small umbrellas and made the trek to the Bridgestone area. Okay, it was only two blocks--not so bad. Plus, it was warm. There's nothing worse than rain and cold!

We got to the suite. Let me just say, it was "sweet!" Free food and drinks! Of course, we didn't know anybody. The guy that offered the tickets wound up being sick and couldn't make it. So that meant, we had to do the small talk, socializing with a bunch of people we didn't know. Butch did fine because he talked business. I've never had problems in these situations because I can talk to anybody. But, you know, I'm tired of that. I didn't want to "turn it on!" Really, I'm over it! I did talk to a 40-something gal for a bit. OMGosh! She started using ALL the techniques I used to use when talking to someone I didn't know: "where do you live? Do you have kids? Where do they go to school?"

Let me tell you, when you are 60 something and someone asks if you have kids and their ages, it just feels stupid to say, "I have a 45 yr. old, 41 yr. old and 33 yr. old!" That leads to, "There's no way you look that old!" Then you have no choice but to start talking about how "old" the grands are! Luckily, another of the opening acts was starting up, so we could make a smooth exit. Sheesh!

The concert itself was IN CRED IBLE. Come on, it's Garth!
 Dustin Lynch was one of the opening acts. I didn't know the first one---one of Garth's back up singers who is also a songwriter. She was good.

 The arena was packed! Garth encouraged everyone to turn the lights on their phone.
 I've always loved Trisha Yearwood too. She didn't disappoint.


This is Butch showing his normal amount of concert excitement. Mindy refers to this look as the "resting "Butch" face!" (I just found out that she was doing a take-off of a resting "bitch" face---didn't know that).

I was so proud of myself---the very first video I've ever taken! I did it for your enjoyment! Turns out, I can't share it because there were 2 things wrong with it. 1. It's too large (I didn't know there was a limit---it was just one song) and 2. I turned the camera sideways, so the whole thing recorded sideways! Dang! Oh well. I'm sure I'll forget the next time I try to make a video.

On the way out, I decided to buy a t-shirt. It hit me, this could be my last concert! I hope not, but since I'm old...
Come on, it's pink. I had to!

Anyway, the best thing about watching a concert in a suite? You don't have to stand up all night! I watched the thousands rocking while standing the entire concert. I'm over that. I can rock just as well sitting down! And I did!

Yep, I'm old!

Merry Christmas y'all!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.