Friday, October 28, 2016

Ferguson, Missouri

Ferguson is just a hop, skip and a jump from where I grew up in Spanish Lake. Butch lived in Ferguson for a brief time in the 1960's and went to high school there---McClure.

I came across this article about Ferguson. It's really a shame that the rest of the country has gotten a bad view of Ferguson. It's a middle class neighborhood just like thousands of others around the country. In fact, what happened there would have been more likely to have happened in Spanish Lake where I grew up. It's so sad to see how badly our idyllic childhood neighborhood has declined. The media reports certainly didn't help Ferguson either. The locals knew much of what happened there that wasn't reported nationally.

So here's to Ferguson! I'm glad to see that you are recovering from such a bad situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.