Sunday, July 13, 2014

Weekend Wrap-up and a Recipe share

It was a great weekend---so much fun---busy---crazy! Just how we like it!

On Saturday, we started at a yard sale. I bought these chairs---love them. The family didn't---and really gave me a hard time.
Jeanne and Janet liked them too---and even encouraged me to buy them. When the family started criticizing me, they cowered---that's the only word I can think of to describe their silence!! Anyway, I still love the chairs. But Butch does get a say once in awhile. As it turns out, Jordan will be able to use them in her new apartment. The best part? The chairs were only $5.00 each!!
Next I took them to the PFunky Griddle for breakfast. It's a family favorite located in a little old house. Each table has a griddle built in to the middle so you can cook your own food. They have the BEST pancakes ever!

Breakfast was a good way to kill time until we could go to Marathon Village.
 The purpose of our visit here was to go to Antique Archeology---owned by Mike Wolf from American Pickers. The "door guy" said there is always a line. By the time we got there, the line was down the sidewalk nearly to the end of the rail. It was hot---waiting in that line.
 Jeanne, Janet and me posing outside the door---actually---inside another door.
The shop was really pretty nice with lots of expensive antiques. They had this entertainment, which was fun. We all left with a few souvenirs---t-shirts, guitar picks and cooler cups. I bought a couple of post cards.

We got back home around noon and did our project. Jeanne planned it. 
 We each made a fairy garden. They turned out so darn cute!


We spent the rest of the afternoon in the pool. Steph, Nicky and the girls came over too. Mindy came for dinner (recipes below.) We had a poker game after dinner. When it was all said and done, I won a nickel! Morgan was the big winner. It was the perfect ending to a great long weekend. 

There was only one hitch. On Sunday, after they'd been gone an hour and a half, I discovered that Jeanne had forgotten her computer. They turned around and I drove to meet them. We met in Clarksville. When I got home, I went straight to a 2 1/2 hour nap. I was exhausted from all of that fun!

I love my sisters and look forward to our sister's weekend every year. Luckily, since Jeanne and Janet are scrapbookers, I have more opportunities to spend time with them. We'll be scrapbooking together at the farm in October. I can't wait!

Ritz Chicken

Author: Six Sisters Stuff
Serves: 4

There are just a few ingredients needed for this delicious, moist chicken! We grew up eating it all the time because it's just so simple to throw together!
Ingredients
    4 chicken breasts (I doubled this recipe and used a whole bag of chicken tenderloins rather than the breasts)
    1 cup Ritz crackers, crushed
    ½ teaspoon garlic salt
    black pepper to taste
    2 eggs, beaten
    ½ cup butter

Instructions
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. In a small bowl, mix together crackers, garlic salt, and black pepper.
3. Dip each chicken breast in the beaten eggs, and then dredge in the cracker mixture, coating it completely.
4. Place each coated chicken breast in a 9x13 pan.
5. Cut the butter up into small pieces, and put them over the top of the chicken breasts.
Bake for 30-35 minutes, until chicken is cooked through.

PS I Love You Cake

1 yellow cake mix
1 small pkg. coconut instant pudding 
1/4 cup poppy seeds
1/2 tsp. coconut extract

1. Grease a 13x9 pan. Prepare cake mix according to the package directions, adding pudding, poppy seeds and extract. Bake and cool.

Filling:
2 cup 2% milk
1 small pkg. vanilla instant pudding

2. Poke holes with a wooden spoon in cooled cake. Whisk milk and pudding. Pour over cake. Refrigerate for 20 minutes until pudding is set.

Topping:
1-8 oz. Cool Whip
1/4 cup instant coconut cream instant pudding (I didn't do this because I did not buy 2 pkgs. of pudding)
3 T. milk
1/2 tsp. poppy seeds

3. Mix and spread over cake. Sprinkle poppy seeds on top.

2 comments:

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.