Friday, July 11, 2014

Sister's Weekend

Every year on the second weekend of July, we have a sister's weekend here in Nashville. I have 4 sisters and 2 sister-in-laws. Only once has everyone been able to make it. This year, since we were all together in South Bend for Devon's graduation and in St. Louis the following weekend, I didn't think they would want to do it. But Jeanne and Janet did and I'm so glad!!

They arrived Wednesday night---with my "Italian food fix" from St. Louis. We don't have any good Italian markets here. I rely on St. Louis to get all of my favorites---Italian bread, salciccia (Italian sausage), provel cheese (only found in St. Louis), Italian olives, Volpi salami, toasted ravioli, and Imo's pizza.

I have a busy weekend planned for us. We spent all day at the pool yesterday---complete with frozen pool drinks. We went to dinner at the Loveless Cafe---I take all out-of-towners to this famous Nashville "institution." Jeanne said I had never taken them. It's a delicious meat and three. We brought home a lot of leftovers.
A couple fun facts about the Loveless. They have 450,000 visitors a year and serve 7,000 biscuits each day. They are known for their incredible biscuits. We thought 7,000 biscuits was an impossible number, but then counted our biscuits. They server us (3 people) 10 biscuits! We brought the leftovers home to have for breakfast. Jeanne bought their blackberry preserves.

After dinner, we stopped by Home Depot to pick up a few things for the project Jeanne planned for us. I'll share that later.

Today (Friday), we have our AYM meeting this morning. We'll also be doing the title page for out album. Next, we'll get organized for the cork project I planned. I have Jordan and Morgan coming over to wait on us while we float in the pool. They'll be making our pool drinks and lunch. There will be 8 of us, so I like to "hire" the girls to do everything so I don't have to miss anything.

Tonight, we'll have happy hour, a light dinner and then work on our projects. Saturday, we're going to a sale, breakfast at The Pfunky Griddle and then downtown to visit Antique Archeology---Mike from "The American Pickers" owns it. After that, we'll spend the rest of the afternoon in the pool. Luckily, we've had a mild summer. Usually, by this time, the pool is warm---like bath water---not refreshing---just wet. Right now, the pool water is perfect! Still cool.

It's always a fun weekend that goes by way too fast. For now, I'm just trying to enjoy every minute.

I hope y'all have a great weekend too!!

1 comment:

  1. Loveless sounds like my type of place! I was ooohing at your trip to Mike and Franks place..we love American Pickers. I am also loving that you have a sisters weekend...great idea x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.