Thursday, July 10, 2014

Five Things Thursday

1. Why is it that whenever we are having out-of-towners our air conditioning goes out? This time, it was 2 of our 3 units. What are the odds of that? One had to be replaced. Now I know why I had such a hard time sleeping the past few nights---it was so hot. I thought it was just because we have our thermostats set at 78 degrees.

2. When it rains it pours. While,  Joe, my AC guy was here, he had to cut off the electricity to replace the air conditioner. That caused the internet to go out. I did all the tricks I could think of---unplug everything and wait---restart the computers, etc. Well, nothing worked so I had to call Comcast. If you've read my blog for any length of time, you know I have a love/hate relationship with them---mostly hate. Just put Comcast in the search box above to read about my other experiences. Anyway, I got on the phone with them. To make a very long story short---nothing worked. The only option was to get another modem---which didn't make sense to us. Butch went to Comcast and stood in line for over an hour to get the new modem. He came home, installed it and made the frustrating call to activate it. Let's just say he ranted and raved for quite awhile before he gave up. Turns out, it worked without being activated anyway.

3. And the rain continued when Butch said he might as well give me the further bad news. He discovered ants in our pantry. We have NEVER had ants in the pantry before. Luckily, I still had one of those ant baits that they supposedly take back to the nest to poison all of them. I called Greg, my "bug man" and he said to give it a day or so to see if that works. Otherwise, he'll come right out and take care of them.

4. This is GOOD news. I put a new app on my iPhone---which I'm totally in love with. I wanted to see the results before endorsing it here. The app is called GrooveBook. Here's how it works. You pay $2.99 a month for shipping and handling and they send you 100 of your photos from your phone, bound in to a nice little book. All of the photos are perforated, so you can easily tear them out to scrapbook, or to put in to an album.

It's a little hard to tell here, because this is a picture of a picture, but I'm really happy with the quality of the prints. This is such a bargain. And for anyone that would like to give it a try, you can check it out here. Plus, you can get your first book free by using this code: EADS100. It's simple. Just download the free GrooveBook app and follow the easy instructions. Enter the code at checkout for your free book.

5. This is just for your entertainment:

1 comment:

  1. Oh my, it does sound like y'all've had it rough - hope everything is fixed and working now!! Those brother's photos totally made me laugh today!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.