Saturday, July 26, 2014

Noble's Goat Farm Tour

Most restaurants these days bill themselves as "farm to table." Meaning that they buy meat, cheese, eggs and vegetables locally so you know it's really fresh. Noble's Goat Farm makes goat cheese that is featured at many local restaurants. Karolyn planned an outing for us to tour it.

 The hens lay an egg a day in the summer. In the winter they lay 2 or 3 eggs a week. If all of the nests are full, they just wait their turn for a spot.
There were several chickens that "flew the coop" like this one. When we tourists got close, they hustled back inside the coop. And I thought chickens were supposed to be dumb.

It was an interesting tour. Wouldn't you think I'd have gotten a picture of the goats? I guess I forgot. I'll get a picture in two weeks when I take the family. The property was gorgeous. We lucked out with the weather too. It was hot, but not much humidity.

Afterwards, we had lunch at The Country Boy restaurant in Leipers Fork. It was a fun outing. Whoever would have thought about turning their farm in to a sightseeing adventure. Just another good way to make a few extra bucks. I think farmers need it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.