Thursday, January 16, 2014

My Annual Birthday Present to Myself

Every year, I have my blog made in to a book. It's a present I give myself. It costs about $165.00---not bad considering it's full of color photos and is hard bound with a dust jacket. 

Looks like I've had the exact same amount of stuff to say for the past three years. Each book is about an inch thick. I have several more from the early years. I've been blogging now since 2007. I can't believe I've been telling my stories for 7 years and you've been reading. Thanks for that.

That got me to thinking about why I blog. It started as a way to connect with family and friends that lived far from me. It was an easy way to keep everyone up-to-date with what's going on in our lives without me hanging on the phone and then not remembering who I told what to. In a large family, that's a "big deal." But, over time, it's evolved in to so much more. Now it's about another way of telling the stories of our lives. It's another from of scrapbooking. Having it all bound up in to a book each year is the perfect way to preserve these times.

This is my 1106th post. I wanted to make a big deal on my 1000th post, but I missed it. It happened sometime last year. Maybe I'll be on top of my 1500th post. I guess that will be next year some time.

Anyway, thanks for visiting.

7 comments:

  1. That's a lot of blogging!! The books look great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how they are all about the same thickness - what a great mix of news and crafts and recipes and all sorts there must be in there

    ReplyDelete
  3. Curious - do the books include the comments that your readers leave? And where do you get them done?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday! What a great present to give yourself :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. that really is a fantastic idea x It would be lovely to have a flick through your books x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful record of your life and creativity these volumes are!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful gift to yourself. I would love to flick through them.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.