Tuesday, January 14, 2014

A Recipe Share

By the time this posts, I'll be at the farm---scrapbooking the days away. I'm really looking forward to that. In the meantime, I wanted to share this recipe I made on Sunday. It is soooo good and easy---my  favorite type of recipes.

I made this for my freezer club. I googled freezer recipes and came up with a list. This is the first one I tried.  I love my crockpot. For freezer club, I went ahead and put everything in a crockpot liner right away so when they cook it, all they have to do is transfer the whole thing to their crockpot. I cooked mine right away.

Southwestern Chicken Chili
1 1/2 lbs. chicken breast
3 cans petite diced tomatoes
2 cups medium salsa
1 can corn, undrained
2 cans black beans, drained and rinsed
1 pkg. ranch seasoning
1 pkg. taco seasoning
Toppings of choice, cheese, sour cream, tortilla chips

Combine all ingredients in a gallon-size freezer bag. Freeze. When ready to use, thaw in refrigerator overnight. Cook on low 4-5 hours. Remove chicken from crock pot and shred (I never do this. You can just cut it up while in the pot---it shreds easily). Serve with desired toppings.

I doubled this recipe and divided it in to 4 crock pot liners and then froze them in ziplock bags. I sprinkled mine with a little cheese and tortilla chips. It was really good.

I'm loving our freezer club. It's so easy to double a recipe and divide it 4 ways. If I'm cooking anything that can be frozen, I'll double the recipe. It's nice to have dinner   already in the freezer.

Let me know if you try this and how you like it.

2 comments:

  1. we have a tiny freezer so I always cook from fresh...this is a good idea though. Enjoy your scraping at the farm x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.