Monday, August 24, 2026

Me on Monday

So! I'm at the beach with my girlfriends for the next week. 6 of us from 72 to nearly 78. We've seen and done it all--mostly together!! So far, this is what's happened:


*Someone fell on the way to the rental car. She's fine--two skinned up knees, it was the heavy Coca Cola cake she was carrying that knocked her off balance. Luckily, the cake is okay!!


*I am determined that I am not going to be in charge.


*I'm just going to go along with everyone.


*But then, something so simple as going over the grocery list becomes a big mess--everyone talking at the same time, asking questions, not understanding the spread sheet Pam made. I just had to take over and go about it in an organized manner. So much for not being in charge.


*Still we managed to miss a few things on the grocery list.


*I am the boss of the tv because no one else can work it.


*Someone has a nightmare--I gently woke her. 

 

*One person "toots" whenever she makes a move.


*Another "toots" in bed! Guess who gets to sleep with her?


*3 of us went to the beach, 3 of us didn't--way too hot.


*Turns out a couple of us grabbed chairs from the wrong storage unit--but they did return them.


*Someone had to go for more sour cream because somehow we messed up the quantity. 


*Some people are hooked on a puzzle.


*Some of us are watching some interesting Peacock show about Doctor Death.


*Many of us are having either gin & tonics or vodka tonics. That definitely makes for a "happy" happy hour!!


*We all enjoyed a beautiful sunset--at least those of us who could actually see it!


*One of us falls asleep at any movie. And snores!


*One person lost her Ray Bans. She's really "bummed"!


I guess that's about it for the first two days! More to come!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.