Wednesday, January 9, 2019

What I Buy Wednesday

This post is a little misleading because I didn't buy any of this stuff last week. I bought it right before Christmas, but then had too much to blog about then.

About a week before Christmas, I got an email offer for 25% off Toms---plus a free fleece blanket.  I've always liked Toms--not necessarily for how they look, but for how comfortable they are.
I hadn't really planned to buy any new shoes, but when I saw these, I just couldn't resist. They have styled them differently. I actually love these! The same comfort and the same cause. For each pair you buy, they donate a pair. Toms are cheap. They don't last forever that's for sure, but they are worth the price. You can check them out here.
 I find that I am drawn to products associated with a cause. That lead me to "thrive causemetics." From their website: We deliver our products + services to women experiencing cancer, homelessness, or domestic violence by giving to hospitals, organizations + events around the world. I have been using some of their products for a little while now. They are reasonably priced. But I have to say, the lash extension mascara is fabulous!

I didn't buy anything this week. Starting the first of the year, I'm supporting myself with my monthly Social Security check. That means I'm paying for everything I do and buy out of that. I should be okay, I don't think I'm that extravagant! Unless you consider things like this:
*Starbucks--I do like my tea. I go about once a week.
Plus, I'm a sucker for a cause---"give a book, take a book." I haven't given or taken a book yet, but I do like the idea.

*Manicures and Pedicures--I go about once a month for a pedicure with Connie. I used to have my nails done weekly, but lately I've been doing them myself.

*Theater and Symphony tickets--I adore live performances. Connie and I went to the symphony for "An Elvis Christmas." It was fab!! We have many more tickets purchased for the upcoming year.

*Travel--if I'm on a trip without Butch, that comes out of my budget. I have several of those planned this year---even just simple St. Louis trips.

*Stitch Fix---I still enjoy getting the box. I'm being very particular about what I keep---especially since I have to pay for it!

*Needlepoint---Okay, this is a biggie! Once I pay for my latest project, I'll be set for at least two years!

*Books---I'm still using the library, so I should be okay here.

*Movies---I think I can afford once a week.

*Lunches---that's about once or twice a week. Got it covered.

*Bridge---playing bridge is about $5.00 a week. Once a month I play an extra time.

Now, I think that just about covers all of my extravagances---and that's all the fun stuff. I won't like buying tires or paying for car repairs. I hope I don't have any this year. Medical is covered by Medicare. So, I think I'm good! We'll see! I'm going to need a new computer soon. Eeeek! That's a big one!

Guess who has a birthday coming up? I just got this in the mail.

When I opened it up, it is loaded with all kinds of gift cards. You have to do something or register to be able to use them. I haven't read the fine print yet. I certainly don't want to find myself with some sort of subscription! So the birthday gifts are rolling in. I already got a gift certificate for free Bang Bang Shrimp from the Bonefish Grill. Using that for sure!

I guess that's about it from here.

2 comments:

  1. Loving those spotty shoes, they are such fun! Interesting to read the break down of your planned spending, sounds like you will still be able to have fun and indulge your interests on your budget - but I'm wondering, just how much is going towards needlepoint?!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have spent the last 2 years looking for a decent mascara. I used to love Clinique's but they changed the formula. I don't wear mascara every day, but I am super picky about it because my eyes are somewhat sensitive. On your recommendation I just ordered Thrive's. I'll let you know how it goes.

    Enjoy using the various gift cards - making a plan for them should be lots of fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.