Saturday, January 5, 2019

I Resolve....in 2019

I have never been a big "resolution" maker. I've learned that I do better with resolutions that are on the positive side rather than trying to "give up" something. "Giving up" feels more like Lent. Instead, I'm looking to make realistic goals.

This year, I resolve to:
1. Take more trips.
Last year, when Butch and I had a heart to heart, I said that he'd been retired 8 years and we weren't doing anything we said we'd do during retirement. Travel was at the top of the list. Since that talk, we've done a really good job with our B&B days---but mostly little day things.

This year, we (and by "we"---I mean, I decided and told Butch!) we plan to take some sort of trip each month. They do not have to be big trips---although we have several of those in the works. we just want to see and do things. This is what we have planned so far:
January---we're at the beach right now.
February---my sister's crop and my sister's cruise;  his brother's trip to Peru.
March---Sandy, Stephanie, Mindy and I will be going to Newport, RI for our annual girls trip. 
April---New Orleans with our friends; back to the beach after Easter for a few days with Sandy and family.
May---Clemson for Mitchell's graduation. We'll probably plan a stop along the way; back to the beach with Walter and Chris.
June---Our last trip to Charlotte for Victoria and Elizabeth's graduation; England trip which includes tagging on a few days to Mindy and Justin's trip.
July---Family vacation to Stillwater Resort on Table Rock Lake in the Ozarks.
August---Butch on golf trip with Walker Board; ooooops! I have to plan something!
September---St. Louis to Chicago leg of our Route 66 trip with Walt and Chris.
October---Sisters crop; Gems of the Danube River Cruise with Stephanie and Nicky.
November---Back to the Beach
December---we don't have anything planned yet, but we'll be doing another festive few days somewhere.

So, as you can see, this NewYears resolution is well underway. Add to these planned trips, I'll be in St. Louis a couple of other times too. 

2.  Do something for my health. It's time to get back on the treadmill. I have a few other ideas, but I don't want to jinx myself. I need to do this in order to be able to keep doing my number 1 resolve! I don't want to be held back.

3. Get back to our stamp collections or clean out the closet:
Stamp collecting was one of the things that brought Butch and I together in the beginning. Our collections were packed away when we started having kids--nearly 47 years ago. We've still collected, but everything has been in closet after closet as we moved. Well, it seems Butch isn't really interested in the stamp collections anymore, so it's probably time to empty the closet of the stacks of albums, boxes of supplies and thousands and thousands of stamps. On the other hand, stamp collecting was the single hobby we had in common back in the day. Maybe I need to start working on that again. Or, clean out the closet and sell the whole kit and kaboodle. Perhaps whatever we got would pay for another trip.

Hmmm. It seems that everything goes back to travel. We need to get a move on!


1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a FUN year of travel!!! We don't have our trips planned yet as we have some changes coming up, but there will definitely be some trips in the coming year! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.