Tuesday, January 1, 2019

Just Like That, It's 2019

Is it just me, or does it seem like the years are zooming by? When Jordan and Morgan were helping me put away the Christmas decorations last week, the last thing we had to deal with was all the wrapping paper, boxes and bags. I keep everything in the library during the season so it's handy for wrapping. Once we got it all sorted, rather than have the girls take it up to the Christmas closet, I told them to just put it back behind the chairs in the library where it was. I said, "After all, Christmas is right around the corner!" Besides, you can't see the box of stuff from the doorway, so I'm okay with that.

Yes, Christmas will be back before we know it. In the meantime, we're ringing in the new year. We are leaving today for the beach. We're hoping for some sunshine. Although Thursday and Friday aren't looking too good, the weekend looks to be really nice. I'm planning to finish my Christmas needlepoint with all of this free time!

I have quite a few leftover Christmas things to share.
I came across this new recipe that was so easy. You start with crescent rolls, but you do not unroll them. You cut the entire roll in to 1/2 inch rounds and place on a baking sheet. You make and indentation in each round with your thumb. There's a cream cheese and sugar filling that's spooned on top.
 It already looks like it will be cute.
It didn't look as good as the picture. It was delicious! Well, that is what we could eat of it. The bake time was way off. The inside was all gooey. I tried putting it back in the oven but that didn't really work either. I'll make it again next year for sure. I'll just adjust the baking time. I wonder if the other half of the pie filling will last that long? What to do with a half can of pie filling?
Mitchell was telling us at Thanksgiving that due to his height, girls ask him all the time at music festivals if they can sit on his shoulders. He tells them "no!" I had a t-shirt made on Etsy to save him the trouble! At the very least, it will make a good conversation starter.
 Stephanie and Mindy rented the "bird" scooters that are all the rage. It's a good thing as they are about to be out-lawed! Too dangerous. As you can see, even Santa jumped up to get out of the way!
 I got a gift from my friend, Christy who used to be my nail girl a very long time ago. She had this darling ornament on top of the gift. Notice the little rhinestones all the way around!
Stephanie and Mindy said that if she'd brought this to the ornament exchange, they would have gone for it---as would I! I'm glad to have it without fighting for it!
The actual gift from Christy is a pair of monogrammed towels. Very appropriate as she's my designer now! She got these for the new master bath---although it's nearly two years old already! I still love it every time I go in there.
We always play a lot of games when the family is together. This year, we played Guesstures. We hadn't played that in quite awhile.

We really need some new games. We've played all the ones we have so much that we're sort of tired of them.
About 3 years ago, Stephanie came up with a new idea. We have a secret exchange after breakfast on Christmas Eve. Every year it's a different theme. This year it was "decades." You were to get a gift reflective of the year your secret person was born---or that decade. Mindy got Butch. She gave him this little booklet about his birth year. Then she had a deck of cards made with a picture of the two of them. So adorable!
 Justin drew me. He found this vintage, 1950's style game.
It's a perfect addition to my other vintage things!
Justin has become the family "meat" man! He buys the meat, cooks the meat and carves the meat! This year he brought this contraption. It's called a Sous Vide machine. He said that the restaurants have much larger ones. That's how they cook steaks and other meats. It keeps everything at the perfect temperature and "holds" it there without overcooking!
 I gave Mindy this Broadway blanket.
 We were laughing at Morgan for her goofy poses!
 Stephanie and her girls---Morgan on the left, Jordan on the right. Christmas jammies never get old!
 I came across these cute plastic wine glasses for dogs.
 This is Morgan's dog, Walter enjoying his dog wine.
 Here's Titan having his New Year's toast.
 The doggy wine has beef broth in it. Sandy said he loved it---as did Walter!

While we're talking about dog treats, I noticed these at Janets. I didn't know they were dog treats. The only thing that kept me from eating them was that they didn't have frosting! Boy, am I glad. I would have had a rude awakening! Really rude!
 Remember these? I got them from the $3.00 bin at Target (for two).
 They were really cute on the table along with my Christmas tree folded napkins.
Have I ever mentioned that I love to set the table? Really, everything about the table from the centerpiece to the place settings. Once Christmas Eve breakfast is over, I remove the tablescape so the table is available for games. Plus, I do like to put the food on the table for Christmas dinner.
 Every year, Mindy and Justin show up with matching t-shirts. This saying is from "Home Alone."
I thought this was the cutest gift!! My niece, Jackie takes her 6 year old Christmas shopping. She's expected to use her own money for family gifts. She bought her gram these buttons for her scrapbooking. I was so impressed that she gave such a thoughtful gift for a little kid!!

So there you have it. The last of Christmas. I got so many great gifts, but didn't photo all of them. I got nightgowns, Russell Stovers chocolates, scented candles, Kate Spade dish towels and cutting boards, that darling little speaker that I've shared before, several fun books---Hamilton, The Royal Family and another whose title escapes me at the moment. I got some wall scents, a Kindle book and a beautiful pink and green pashmina. I got a Clemson ornament, a keyless doorknob and some bath bon bons. Oh and I got a new purse---it's one of those Spartina ones that is printed with a Tennessee map. I plan to use it for traveling. It will be a good conversation starter---as if I need that! I'm sure I'm forgetting a few things. I loved it all! Christmas is always so much fun. I have to admit, I love giving, but I also love receiving! I won't deny it!

Happy New Year to you all!

2 comments:

  1. What a fantastic Christmas round up! Sounds like you and your family had a lot of fun. I haven't seen dog wine glasses before but our local pet shop was selling bottles of 'Pawsecco' for dogs (luckily Coco is happy with water!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The leftover half of the pie filling is great for cereal or oatmeal topping - makes for a yummy breakfast. :)

    Have y'all played the Bring Your Own Book game? I discovered it on Missus Wookie's blog and Robbie got me one last year, but it takes at least three people to play. This fall we played with my sister & brother-in-law & nieces and everyone loved it. I gave one to my sister for a Christmas gift & her family played it a ton of times over the holidays - it was everyone's favorite game. Here's a link to it on Amazon: (https://www.amazon.com/Bring-Your-Own-Book-Game/dp/B01DPJHBJU/ref=as_sl_pc_qf_sp_asin_til?tag=dalibipi-20&linkCode=w00&linkId=bb724b591bc65c3e1381b6e4e35124c1&creativeASIN=B01DPJHBJU).

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.