Thursday, January 31, 2019

Here I Am

A few people have been asking if I'm okay. I'm more than okay, I'm just great! I appreciate that some people get concerned if haven't blogged in awhile and check up on me. Sometimes, (I know---hard to believe) I just don't have anything to say. Probably closer to the truth is that I've been busy, busy, busy!!

My BFF was sick ALL last week---really sick---couldn't get out of bed because she had the worse flu sick even though she had the flu shot! That forced me to stay home. I spent the week cleaning out my scrapbook room. OMGosh y'all! I have so much stuff I'm getting rid of. I'm going on a scrapbook retreat at the Kinderhook Lodge in Barry, Illinois next week. I'm hauling it all with me and not bringing any of it back home!

When it comes to organizing, I always say, it gets worse before it gets better! That is so true.
 Remember a couple weeks ago, I went from this mess to:
 This!
And this. Well, now it's back to....
This! I'll be home all day today too, so this will be finally cleaned up!

I've accomplished so much. I'm just about finished in my clothes closet, I reorganized all of my stitching supplies, put together a couple kits for AYM and wrote the handouts, organized photos, got my next stitching project set up and actually got to do some stitching.

I finished a good book---The Address by Fiona Davis---really good. I love when things come together in an unexpected way. But to top it off, the book I had read the week before (Sold on a Monday---another good one) made a reference to Nellie Bly who I had never heard of before. She was a newspaper reporter in the 1910's. She went undercover in a mental institution on Blackwell Island off Manhattan (now called Roosevelt Island) to expose the inhumane treatment of the inmates. No sooner did I learn about her, than I saw a commercial for a Lifetime movie called "Escaping the Madhouse: the Nellie Bly Story." Of course I had to watch it---with Judith Light and Christina Ricci. It was good too. Then, while reading The Address, the main character winds up on Blackwell Island in the insane asylum. So, in the course of two weeks, there were these three coincidences about something I had never known about before. I just love that!! I went straight to the internet to find out more. Now, I consider myself an expert on Nellie Bly and Blackwell Island. Go ahead, ask me anything!!

I watched too many alarming documentaries about food, diet, cancer and big business. They were shocking and depressing. Basically, everything you eat, wear, breathe and the water you drink is going to keep you fat and will eventually cause cancer and every health problem you can imagine. There's really not much you can do. Did I say depressing? Add to that the current state of political affairs, terror threats, insane criminals, "me too"---well, I'll just continue to clean out my house! Call it burying my head amidst the chaos of stuff my kids don't want!!

So, that's what I've been up to. What about you?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.