Thursday, January 24, 2019

This and That Thursday

 I recently visited someone in the hospital and noticed her wrist bands.
I had never seen anything like this. I think the "limb alert" has something to do with her surgery. But, it was the "fall risk" band I was most interested in!! I asked her if I could have it---since it was meant for me!! The nurse overheard me.
She gave me a brand new one!!! (Side note: I really am going to wear it)!

And then there's this:

 I signed up for a needlepoint workshop in May. I couldn't resist. This thing is gorgeous!
Look at the close up detail! It's loaded with beads and sparkly things. (Side note: remember my resolve to live off of my social security this year? Good thing I have until May to "save up")!

I've been on an organizing roll this week.
I cleaned out all of my photo albums.
These are about 1000 photos that I'm getting rid of. I know this because these photo boxes hold 1000 photos. I have two of them. (Side note: Remember I keep preaching how our kids don't want our stuff? They don't want photos either! Unbeknownst to them, I have a plan. The next time we're all together, I'm going to sit them down at the dining room table and start passing them around. Whatever is left that they truly don't want, I'll toss when it's over).
Remember this sign I saw in England? I didn't know what that word meant as I had never seen it before. My British friend, Diane told me that it means "custom." Since then, I've run across the word many times in books---I have a love of books about England or set in England.
 (Side note: the word served me well in my computer game! Woohooo! 104 points!).


1 comment:

  1. Wow, that needlepoint is amazing, so many intricate parts to it. You must have a lot of patience!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.