Wednesday, May 30, 2018

What I Buy Wednesdays

I didn't buy much this week. It's more about what I didn't buy! Still I'm starting with the "buys!"
 This was my favorite purchase. Thanks to my friend from England, Diane, I was able to find this. It came in a ool box.
I was telling her that I wanted to get the commemorative plate commissioned by Buckingham Palace for Prince Harry and Meghan's wedding. It was going to be my souvenir when I visited in September. It was immediately sold out! She didn't know whether it would be reproduced or not. She offered to find one and buy it for me. Instead, I just had her send me the link. Here it is---straight from the UK! 
I'll be displaying it next to William and Kate's.
I bought a few make-up items for older women. It's hard to believe that I qualify for that! I have noticed that I do need different types of things than I was able to wear in my younger years. As for the mascara, I keep trying new ones. Some are definitely better than others.

In preparation for the holiday weekend, I needed to make a trip to Sam's.
 These were the things I had on my list to buy.
 These were the things I didn't know I needed until I got there! The family goes through a lot of food!

And now, for the things I didn't buy---oh, but I wanted to....
This huge stack of rings was so tempting. They are huge! And so darn cute.
OMGosh! These bowls were so cute. Still I resisted. But I was really tempted. Sorry the picture is not great. In that hole, you can see they even had some solid ones. I have enough bowls---for sure. Still...so tempting.
This was the biggest beach ball I've ever seen. I thought it would be so much fun for the pool. I texted Butch a picture. He didn't respond. Granted, he was on the golf course. But sometimes I think he just ignores me! Finally, I talked myself out of it for a couple reasons. Where in the heck would we keep this? At this time of year with all the pop up storms, it would blow away! Plus, the kids would most likely jump on it and put a hole in it. I'm sure it wouldn't last long. But still...

See what I mean? I'm a major impulse buyer. Sometimes I can resist. Yay Barb!

So those were my buys this week. What did you buy that's fun?

3 comments:

  1. We did some major retail therapy over the holiday weekend - two new vacuums (an Oreck upright and a Miehle compact canister) and a new mattress set - being delivered Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's amazing how you can find things you didn't realise you 'needed' when you're browsing isn't it! We have a shop over here called Aldi, it's mostly a food supermarket but the middle aisle is all manner of random things, the 'super buys' offers change weekly. I guarantee we never come home just with food! My husband's favourite impulse buy from there was a 7ft tall extendable tree topper - I can assure you that wasn't on the shopping list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We were in England at the time of the wedding, although not in London. There were souvenirs everywhere, but I did not see anything as classy as the plates you've gotten. Well done you (and Diane)! I did not even manage to come home with a teacup, as the ones I really liked were not made in England, so what would be the point. I finally decided to use the last of our pounds [in lieu of having to take them back to the bank for exchange ;-) ] on a Cath Kidson purse for fall. I wavered between two gorgeous prints, the other very summery, but then recalled that I had purchased a summer purse in a travel print at the end of last summer (or was it the one before). Anyway, I pulled out the summer purse as soon as we were home, and put a note on my calendar to switch to the Cath Kidson one after Labor Day. Do you manage to use all your impulse buys right away, or are you like me, stashing some away and then rediscovering them much later?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.