Wednesday, November 29, 2017

The Decorating Begins

I was happy to do Connie's dining room again this year. I was staying with her "grands" last Tuesday, so we all worked together.


 Grace and Charlie scattered the jingle bells and tiny packages.

 This year, I cut some magnolia leaves from Connie's tree. Adding greenery just softens the look.

 Connie hosted book club on Monday night. I wish I had taken an updated picture. She found the cutest battery operated lights that she wove throughout the arrangement and on her mantle. They were the perfect touch to complete the look.
Sara, my garden girl, put together my winter pots. She used stuff from around the yard and brings this branches. There are dried hydrangea from my bushes, magnolia leaves, fir branches and berries from my foster hollies for the red.
I have one on either side of the front door. They stay looking this good all winter long! Sure beats bare pots!

I'm done inside the house. I didn't do as much this year. I'm already dreading the task of emptying out the kitchen (and I have a lot of cabinets and a huge pantry). I'm not sure where I'm going to go with it all. I've already started piling up boxes in the library. The kitchen remodel begins January 2nd!

I do have my presents bought and wrapped. Now we just have to get the real tree and decorate it. I guess it will be this weekend.

How is your decorating going? Share some pictures and I'll feature you on my blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.