Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Sometimes you have to take a leap of faith!

We got our first Hello Fresh box since the beginning of summer. With all of our travel plans and out-of-towners we just needed to put it on hold. While we were in New York last week, Butch forgot to make our dinner selections. He called and picked our meals. I had no input this week.

So, last night, we had cranberry turkey burgers. Ordinarily, I would not have picked that. That sounds weird to me. But on the other hand, we had Hawaiian burgers once that had a pineapple and onion topping that were delicious. I was skeptical making them, but they really were good. I had every intention of making them again, but I never did. Anyway, the cranberry turkey burgers were delicious too. They were full of sage and onions that along with the cranberry topping, made you think of Thanksgiving. I guess it's not much different than what my mother used to do. She put dressing and cranberries on her turkey sandwich. I never did that because it seemed gross to me. Maybe I should give it a try this year.

That leads me to tonight. We had cod and potato cakes with a salad. I had to make mashed potatoes with green onion and garlic. Then I mixed the cod, cajun spices and lemon juice in with the mashed potatoes. I made them in to patties and coated them with panko bread crumbs with additional spices, then fried in a little oil. There was a lemon aiola that I made to put on top. OMGosh! They were delicious! I never would have thought it!

Sometimes you just have to take a leap of faith!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.