Saturday, August 19, 2017

I Thought I Was Dreaming!

I went to the grocery store last week. As I was passing by the deli meats and specialty cheeses, I did a double-take. I wheeled my cart backwards. I couldn't believe my eyes! There above the cheeses was a row of meats.
 Volpi Salame---although I never have seen it spelled this way--seriously, this is just wrong. I looked it up. Salami is spelled S*A*L*A*M*I! There's no "E". That made me think it must be fraudulent. Plus, this is not the packaging for Volpi salami that comes from St. Louis. It doesn't come in packages at all---or at least it didn't used to. It's been awhile since I've bought it. You just went up to the meat case and requested a pound of Volpi salami and they cut it for you. Still the coincidence was too big to ignore. I turned the package over.
Yep, Volpe salami from St. Louis! I couldn't believe it. Of course, I had to buy some. I haven't tried it yet, but I know it's going to be good! Still, the misspelling of it bothers me. Just like this...
I'm thrilled that the grocery stores are now carrying Louisa's toasted ravioli---but beef AND cheese? That's not right! Just plain beef--that's what it should be. You might think that adding cheese could only make it better. WRONG! You can hardly taste the beef. Our opinion is this. If beef and cheese is all we can get, it's better than nothing.

What's next? Italian bread from Valenti's bakery without sesame seeds?

Come on St. Louis. If you're going to sell your products to Nashville, keep it real. We can handle it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.