Friday, September 26, 2014

What's Happenin'!

Outside my window: I think I covered that yesterday with my garden post. However, I will say, I'm pretty sure that my goldfish are persnickety. This mooring after working out, I stepped outside to get "cool." The goldfish clambered to the top of the pond---obviously wanting food. I sprinkled some goldfish flakes and they turned up their noses---errrr, fins. I guess they've been feasting on mosquito larvae all summer, so the flakes are no longer acceptable. 

I am thinking: That I have a pretty fun few days ahead---starting with a meeting tomorrow with my travel agent friend, Mary about our upcoming Costa Rica trip in February. I'm determined to see some animals.

I am thankful for: My friend and hairdresser, Joanie who---event though she's technically retired---has agreed to continue doing my hair. She's easily one third the cost of regular hair dressers.

From the kitchen: Stephanie and Nicky are staying for dinner tomorrow after happy hour. I have a couple of casseroles from freezer club ready to heat. I'll be doing a bit of cooking this weekend to get ready for my scrapbook retreat next week. I prefer to cook ahead rather than take the time away from my scrapbooking when we get there. 

I am wearing: My jammies---and my fitbit. Had to work a little extra to log my 10,000 steps for the day.

I am hoping: That our moth situation is finally under control. It's been 5 days since we've seen one. Still, I'm waiting a solid month before I move anything back in to the pantry. A month is the lifecycle from egg to moth. This has been an ongoing nightmare. I hope it's over---finally.

I am reading: Big Little Lies by Liane Moriarty. She wrote The Husband's Secret which was excellent. I've decided that I'm going to read everything she's written. I love her style.

Also, I just finished reading the 4th installment of the Maggie Hope Mysteries. The first was Mr. Churchill's Secretary. I just whipped through the other 3 in the last two weeks---Princess Elizabeth's Spy, The Prime Minister's Secret Agent, and His Majesty's Hope. The series is by Susan Macneal. The 5th one---Mrs. Roosevelt's Confidante is due out this fall. They were entertaining books and quick reads. 

I'm watching: I'm so happy that all the tv series are starting up again. I'm still watching the Roosevelt mini series on PBS---about 12 hours worth. Very interesting.

I am busy creating: I haven't created anything in quite awhile. I have a lot of ideas, but little time. I've really got to get busy as I have several "crafty" things planned for this fall.

I'm bummed: That I have to spend a full hour and a half of doing something active to get my 10,000 steps. That's also what's eating in to my time.

I am hearing: The gurgling of the aquarium. It's pretty late and the house is quiet.

Around the house: Butch has some ideas to update the rec room. I'm all over it! Since it's his idea, I'm going with it!

In other news: I was at Sam's yesterday and saw the new iPhone 6. It looks pretty awesome. My iPhone 5 is two years old. I'm good with it for another year or two. I'm not the type to have to get the newest phone. Now my Mac computers are another thing. I always want the latest and greatest. Still, for anyone that was wanting an iPhone---be it the 5 or 6, Sam's has a great deal.
This is a great price for the iPhone 6. I didn't think I would like the size, but it's not that much bigger. You do have to sign a two year contract with Verizon. I don't know if the other phone companies have the same deal.

 If you've always wanted an iPhone, then the 5 might just be for you. At $77.00, it's a real bargain. I'll bet you can even get the 4's for free!! 

I really love my phone. Texting---not so much!

One of my favorite things right now: I'm still loving Groovebook---the phone app that prints your pictures in to a book for $2.99 a month. It's awesome. You can find out more about it here:
Groovebook. You can still get your first book free. Instructions are in that post.

 I appreciate: A husband that does this when I'm out-of-town:
He detailed my car! The mats had red clay dirt from geo-caching in Kentucky about a month ago. He said it was really hard to scrub off. I'm sure it wasn't fun getting in all those grooves. Since the Broussards were with us that day, we had that dirt on all 4 mats!
 He cleaned every inch of my car---and believe me, there are a lot of nooks and crannies!

I regret: That pool time is over. It was a heck of a lot easier to exercise in the pool---and way more fun too. I might still try to get in this weekend for one last time.

How the weekend is shaping up: We have quite a busy weekend. Saturday, I'll be running errands in the morning, going to a baby shower in the afternoon and then out to dinner with friends. Butch leaves for the beach on Sunday. I hope he has a better time since he cut his last trip short to come home and rescue me from the moths! I'll be packing for my scrapbook retreat. Soooo looking forward to that. Besides AYM, I have not done any serious scrapbooking since May. That's the thing about my club---it gives all of us "permission" to take the time to do at least one layout a month. 

I hope y'all have a great weekend too!


4 comments:

  1. I'm not ready for a new phone either, but I've heard a lot of people say that the bigger screen is much easier on the eyes, which would be a plus (cos I'm really not as young as you think I am haha)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, hit enter before I wished you a great weekend

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great catch up with you today! Hope you have a fabulous weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Count me among the Maggie Hope enthusiasts, I just finished her latest book as well. And I am getting more and more enamored of the convenience of a smart phone. I am way down the technology curve I know, the I am enjoying my android phone that helps me keep up (almost) with my children.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.