Monday, September 29, 2014

A Few Things...

before I head out-of-town again. Going on a scrapbook retreat. My sister and sister-in-law are coming from St. Louis. I'm really looking forward to it as I haven't done any significant scrapbooking since May. We'll be in the country without internet access, so this quick post will have to do.
 Jordan amidst a nature hike. The girl is very "outdoorsy!"
 My little brother, Matt is "outdoorsy" too. He's a master fisherman---these are salmon he caught last week in Michigan.
 I have no idea how big this one is, but it looks like it's about a hundred dollars worth of salmon steaks at least.
 Mindy's new hairdo. 
 Target does me in every time. I went for one thing and came out with 4 bags. But, I will say, I've got a jump on Christmas!
 What are the odds that Stephanie and Nicky would have the exact same number of steps in a week---as recorded by their Fitbits.
 If you're from the south, you know what this is. If not, it's the Piggly Wiggly---a grocery store.
 I saw these miniature skeins of yarn at Michaels and could not resist. I'm going to use them in my scrapbooking.
 Yay for Mindy and her second place win for her needlepoint at the state fair! She won $6.00 too!
 Mindy and Justin---logging this many steps in a single day. Unbelievable!! Butch gets 20,000 regularly as he walks 18 holes on the golf course and then rides his bike 20 miles! Me? I strive for 10,000 steps a day. I usually only make it 3 or 4 times a week.
 I saw this really cool bike at Sam's. I've only been on mine once since the first time. I fell twice, both times in the ivy groundcover----so at least I didn't get hurt. But I must admit, I'm a little skittish.
 Maybe this is the bike I need. Someone said they are actually harder than a regular bike. At least I wouldn't fall!
 This is an incredible deal on the iPhone 5. You do have to sign up for a 2yr. contract with Verizon.
But, if you want the latest and greatest iPhone 6, then this is a great way to get one.
 Mindy was at the beach this week and sent this photo. I just love the turquoise water of the Florida panhandle!
 I played bridge last week at the Centennial Club. It's a woman's social club---purely for the fun and entertainment of women---these days. They don't raise money or work for any causes. I was thrilled to see the original "goals" from when the club was established in 1906. Some of them are pretty hilarious. They seem like such simple things that we take for granted today.
 I love the "anti-expectoration law" they wanted to get passed.
And lastly, notice the line about "it is your province to awaken the civic conscience, and even if the men of today are hard to arouse..."---you certainly cannot get away with saying things like that today!

4 comments:

  1. You've got such a talent for making all kinds of little things sound like a whole lot of fun!

    have a great time on your retreat

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love a good pictorial catch-up post. Happy scrapping at your retreat. No internet will be a blessing - savor it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great post! Enjoy your retreat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love those goals - although I'd quite like that law on occasion around here :sigh:

    Gorgeous beach shot too - the colour of the water is wonderful.

    Have a great retreat.

    Oh and I bought a fit bit after reading all the positive posts - including yours :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.