Sunday, August 24, 2014

My Weekend Alone

As it turns out, I ended up having a great weekend. It was a little touch and go by Saturday afternoon, but Connie saved me.

I started the day with my tea and catching up on blogs. I did my Lumosity brain training. Then I was in my scrapbook room all morning. I did a little organizing and caught up my Project Life album---I do that on a monthly basis. 

Around 11, I got in the pool and exercised for an hour and 45 minutes. Talking to Jeanne on the phone helped me pass at least 30 minutes of it. 

After lunch, I read for awhile. I was actually thinking that it was getting kind of lonely. About that time, Connie called. She came over and we floated in the pool for another couple of hours. A brief summer storm drove us out.

In the evening, I watched 3 episodes of The White Queen based on the book by Philippa Gregory (I've read every book she's written---love her). My plan was to stitch---I'm sick of the piece I'm working on and just want to get it over with. Because my heart wasn't in the needlepoint, I didn't really accomplish much. However, the series is FABULOUS!! 

I decided to go to bed early---9 pm to finish my book The House Girl by Tara Conklin. It was good, thought I might pick it for my book club, but decided I didn’t love the ending. 

I started Sunday at 4 a.m. with a new book that has captivated me right away---Requiem for Dead Flies by Peter N. Dudar. It's billed as a supernatural ghost thriller. I don't think I've ever read anything like this before. So far I'm really enjoying it and the writing style. It hasn't been scary yet, so we'll see. It might not be the best choice to read when you're home alone! Can't be scarier than Stephen King!

I spent time on the computer with my blogs this morning along with my tea. After a light breakfast, I went up to my scrapbook room and put together the AYM (A Year of Memories) kits for October. I still have to write the handout this week. I also made a layout for "The Pile of Postcards Exchange."
Actually, there wasn't much to this page. I use Creative Memories albums, so I had some pocket pages. I like them because they are clear---which works great for something like post cards or memorabilia that you want to see. I titled it "Postcards from the edge" and journaled about my blog friends and where the cards came from. It's a little hard to tell, but I had a little piece of vintage, tobacco colored lace that I used in the lower left corner---leftover from this month's AYM kit. I got quite a nice collection of cards!! Thanks to my friend, Sian for hosting the exchange. It was a lot of fun!

After lunch, I spent some time reading. Then---don't hate me---but I started on an idea for some Christmas gifts. Just the beginning stages, so I'll share when I get a couple completed. I always have ideas, but often don't start soon enough and then the holidays are upon us. Each year, I make some particular ornament for a little tree on a table in my entry. When friends or family come during the holidays, I let them select an ornament from the tree. 

More exercise, 3 additional episodes of The White Queen and a little magazine---thumbing through completed my day. Now, I'm off to bed to spend a little more time with my book.

I made it through the weekend without getting lonely after all. Oh, and by the way---I got dressed both days!!


8 comments:

  1. It sounds like you had a good time and accomplished a lot. Having a friend come by is always a joy and to be able to spend uninterrupted time with that friend is precious. I loved the White Queen too. So much so that I am in the throes of writing a murder mystery freeform game based in that time. Long way to go on that though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like you had a busy weekend, I'm intrigued by the book you started. I loved the White Queen as well x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a lovely weekend....and lots accomplished......I'm thinking about xmas gifts as well!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to investigate The White Queen. Definitely.

    I love the layout! How cool..nice thought that you were scrapping away at it this weekend while we were thinking of you on your own :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I missed watching the white queen last year...she was born in a village down the road from me! Sounds like you have a perfect weekend-very productive x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love what you have done with those postcards. Such a lovely idea and layout!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fun use of the postcards, glad you had a good and not so lonely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, sounds like you enjoyed your time alone. As you can see, I'm terribly behind on blog reading.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.