Monday, April 28, 2014

Summer Begins in May this Year!

Summers are always busy. I've always considered summer to be from Memorial weekend to Labor Day. It's not unusual for us to either be out-of-town or have out-of-town company 12 out of 14 weekends every summer. This year, summer is no different, except it is starting early---in May. We have out-of-towners this weekend, then leave for the beach the next. When I get back from there, I have my two favorite cousins visiting---then we're at Memorial weekend. Just like that, May is gone!

In June, I'll be going to South Bend for my niece's graduation. The next weekend we'll be in St. Louis for a family party to celebrate Steph and Nicky's marriage. I'll have several days scrapbooking at the farm. Our family vacation to the Smoky Mountains is at the end of June. Then I have my sister's weekend and another family visit. Amidst all that, I have one weekend that I am trying to plan a little surprise get-away for Jordan and Morgan---not sure that's going to happen with work schedules.

Don't get me wrong, we love summers and all the craziness. This year we add another granddaughter going off to college---this time to the University of San Diego. I'll be going to help with that "move in." Then, at some point, I'll be going down to the University of Tennessee to help Jordan settle in to her apartment.

Aside from all the traveling, I am looking forward to our bi-weekly pool parties and floating with my friends. Plenty of fun to look forward to.

How is your summer shaping up?

2 comments:

  1. Er, I don't think our summer will be quite as filled as that lol but we have just booked to go to Florida in July, so we'll be off to visit Mickey Mouse

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a busy but fun summer. Well we move house, have some birthday parties, I'm off to Texas and then Alabama (with a side trip to Nashville suggested but sounds like you'll be in the mountains then) before heading home to spend the summer hanging out at the new house making it into a home. Adding the Science Fiction & Fantasy World Con here in London and the Quaker Yearly Meeting Gathering in Bath.... ours will be fairly busy too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.