Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Let the Planting Begin!

On Friday, Butch and I bought our first batch of flowers for the pots on the patio and around the pool. The full selection is not yet available, but we still managed to get some pretty things.
 My favorite colors in the garden are pinks and purples. We couldn't resist the yellow. Plus, there is dusty miller and white verbena buried in there.
I love these too. Some of these things I refer to as sucker plants. They are so pretty that you have to have them and then they promptly die after you plant them. I'm hoping that Butch might have a greener thumb than I do!

There's still a threat of frost this week, so he's going to wait to do the planting Easter weekend.

After stocking up on flowers, we made one more stop on the way home.
We had to go to the liquor store to stock up for happy hour.

3 comments:

  1. Your happy hour selection is almost as colorful as the flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We've started planting up here as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The first new plants went into the planters this week - but most of those types will wait another few weeks.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.