Wednesday, October 9, 2013

For Your Entertainment

Remember my post last week about the fact that I'm a list maker. Well, Morgan came across this and texted it to Jordan and I. This is so totally me---I've always told my girls to make "pro" and "con" lists whenever they have an important decision to make. In this instance, it's a "good" and "bad" list---in their own words. But first, let me set the stage.

Stephanie moved back home when Jordan and Morgan were 3 and 2 respectively. To say they were horrible children is putting it mildly. I won't go in to all of the mischief they made, but this list will give you a hint.
Although I do not recall making the list, I do remember the things on it. For example, #3---threw eggs down---that's right. While I was putting groceries away, they opened the eggs and just started throwing them on the floor! They used to throw things over the rail from upstairs to down. They made "soup" in the bathroom sink with liquid soap, toothpaste, shampoo---you name it. You could not turn your back on them for 2 seconds.

On the "good" side, they noted that they were a "little nice to mom" and they "stayed in bed." I can't even begin to tell you what bedtime was like. If there were ever children that needed a spanking, it was those two. But you don't do that these days, so we just persevered. Luckily for us, they have grown in to a couple of sweethearts (well, most of the time). I never would have believed it.

From this:
 Jordan
Morgan

To this:
Notice their devilish grins?
And finally to this in a blink of an eye:
It's all been worth it!

4 comments:

  1. Such beautiful girls even when wearing those devilish grins. Can you imagine what it would have been like if they were frightened cowering little things who never said or did anything? It doesn't bear thinking about.
    I always said that mine were "taken over by an alien" when they were very naughty and I would look into their eyes and say "Go away naughty alien give me back my child!" they used to roar with laughter and then be good for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful girls. Had to smile at your list x

    ReplyDelete
  3. They have certainly turned into beautiful young ladies! What a fantastic list to have as a reminder of those times when they were so young and mischievous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh! I love this post, that you have the list, that you can remember the times, and I assumed they were boys!! Wonderful and I agree with Ladkyis

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.