Friday, May 21, 2010

I'm So Mad I Could Chew Nails---or the Telephone!

I got home yesterday from a fun trip to St. Louis. My mom is doing fabulously---so much better than when I was last home. They adjusted her pacemaker which made all the difference in the world.

Okay, on to the story. The point is that I'm feeling all good and relaxed. Then Butch said, "oh by the way, the phone is out." Right away, I'm mad because I thought he left it for me to handle. He said that it had just happened, so I calmed down. I get on Butch's cell phone with Comcast and went through the normal, lengthy, button pushing rigamarole. I finally get to a customer service agent. She has me go to the modem which is under a piece of furniture in the bedroom and no small feat. She wants to know which lights are green, which are out and which are flashing. Of course, the etching of the words is so tiny and matches the black box (why don't they make the lettering white so you can actually see it?)---I have a hard time reading it. Plus the lighting isn't so great there either. When I finally make it out, she says that she is going to re-set the modem from her end. She does, I have phone, all seems well. A little later, I got a call, but it was all staticky, annoying and hard to hear. No way was I dealing with that at 9:30 p.m. The first call was already out of my normal "working" hours.

First thing this morning, I call Comcast again. Once more, I go through the lengthy button pushing rigamarole---but now I have them memorized, so I don't have to listen to each thing. I get a customer service representative. She has me go back to the modem---once again, I move the heavy piece of furniture, crouch down on the floor and try to deal with the box. She asks me to find the spot marked "telephone". Then she tells me to unplug the jack from the wall. Why the h**l I didn't think of it sooner, but of course, doing that DISCONNECTS ME!!! Oh My Gosh!!! You have never heard such ranting---luckily I don't use foul language---here's exactly how it went---me literally screaming like a banshee (whatever that is)---"YOU'VE GOT TO BE FRIGGIN' KIDDING ME! THIS IS A BUNCH OF---YOU'VE GOT TO BE FRIGGIN' KIDDING ME!" Butch came running to find out what was going on. When I screamed at him, he said, "welcome to the world of Comcast." That really made me madder. I shouted at him---"YEAH, LIKE I'VE BEEN DEALING WITH THEM ALL MY LIFE. YOU DEAL WITH THEM ONE TIME AND GIVE UP!" (That was a nasty reference to the fact that he hasn't resolved some tv issues with them for the tv in the rec room).

Now I'm madder than a hornet. I call back. Same lengthy button pushing rigamarole. Of course, I do not get the woman I was previously dealing with. I get a man---heaven help him---I unloaded. He tries to be all nice to me, to which I respond, "I know this isn't your fault, but your customer service is terrible. She had to know she was cutting me off when she had me unplug the phone." I was saying it in a really mad and bitchy tone. He continues to talk to me calmly and assures me that he's going to "assist" me and set up a service call---for FRIGGIN' 5 DAYS AWAY!!! I'm delirious now. I don't even remember what I said after that.

Here's the best part, they ask if I want to take the customer survey---which I normally never do---well this time---I'm going to give it to them good. When I hang up, I get the call back for the survey. Of course, it starts off automated---asks if I've agreed to answer a few questions---press "1", hold, press this, hold, etc. Next a customer service rep is to come on line---I'm loaded for bear. So what happens---I'M DISCONNECTED!!!

All I can say is Oh My Gosh~! What is up with that! When I am finally ready to complain---I can't even do it! I swear, it's a conspiracy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.