Friday, May 14, 2010

Another Room---Finished!!

The latest scrapbook room I've decorated was for my friend, Linda. I had already organized and set up her room a couple of years ago, but after seeing the decorating I've done for our friends, she asked me to do hers. Of course, she had the same mandate as those before her---"make mine cuter than....." That's starting to get pretty hard, but I do my best!

Linda had so much that was from her family. She had a lot of hats in the hallway of her home. I asked her right off if I could use those. She said that her husband would be happy as he didn't like them---plus she had dozens more. That's when I decided to line her room with them---she had enough to do the entire room.

She had all of her "stuff" on and around a card table in another room that I was able to "shop" from---plus I had picked up some things for her too.

For her window treatment, she had a lot of vintage linens, doilies, hankies, dresser scarves and gloves. The idea of doing a laundry line came to me last week while driving after she told me she was having trouble finding something for her window. Since I put this up, she has found more clothespins so it looks more like it's supposed to. It looks kind of junky in the pictures, but really is cute in person---plus it makes you want to look at all the individual pieces hanging.

The frame with the lace hanging off is a project that our day group has just completed, so that too looks good. At this point in the decorating, I was just reserving the spot on the wall for it.

The photos you see here are of her and her sister when they were young. When she saw them, she started to cry has her sister passed away suddenly about 18 months ago---her only sibling and they were very close. I saw the picture sitting on her work table and decided to use it. I had picked up the blocks here and there and found one that had an "s" on it for her sister, Sharon.

The bread box was another flea market find---it holds all of her little scrapbooks.

I forgot to ask her if there was a story behind the old lunchbox. The typewriter was my Christmas gift to her this year. Any questions?








1 comment:

  1. The room looks great! I wish I was there so I could get in on the day group projects.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.