Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Mindy's home and you know what that means!

I'm cooking my heart out! Mindy starts with her food requests about 2 weeks prior to her arrival. I've been in the kitchen since 4 p.m. and now it's 6:15. We're having Rotel Chicken tonight, Chicken Pot Pie tomorrow night and I made a huge pot of spaghetti sauce for the road (meaning there's not enough meals to eat all the food she's requested, so I'm freezing the sauce and sending it back with her). It may be a lot of work, but I love requests. When I ask Butch what he wants for dinner, he says, "I can't think about dinner at breakfast!" In reality, the man never thinks of food---any time of day. So, that's why I love requests. If you request it, by golly, I'll cook it---even if my feet hurt from standing on these hardwood floors for 2 hours and may be possibly aggravating my plantars fascitis. I say, my family is WORTH it! I love you guys...

1 comment:

  1. OK - my request for Christmas - Chicken Cordon Bleu and Better than Sex Cake.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.