Thursday, February 22, 2007

What a Great Day!!

The papers for the sale of Central Parking are all signed, sealed and delivered. Whew, finally! This has been the longest process. Butch is feeling good and ready to get back to regular business. Due to his hard work (and that of his team), the value of the company has been increased by a quarter of a BILLION dollars in 18 months. And, the stock has gone up 34% since November. Fabulous! He will remain the President and CEO. The company that bought them is an investment firm. They don't know anything about parking, so they are relying on Butch to run the business. The only bad thing is that we don't know when we'll be able to celebrate. I wanted to plan something special, but I guess it will have to wait for a couple weeks until we are finished with a couple trips.

I'm leaving first thing in the morning for New Orleans with Madelyn and Mindy's best friend Alyson. Butch has already told Mindy to "throttle back" this weekend. She said that maybe he needed to tell me and Madelyn. Madelyn has only been to New Orleans once and ended up missing her conference---being sick in her hotel room. She is convinced that they drug the drinks in the Big Easy. Given my history last June with Pam, Anna and Lauren, I might agree! Believe me, I do not want to lose another bracelet, spend too many $$$ requesting songs at Pat O'brien's, steal a roll of toilet paper, or miss our champagne brunch on Sunday. Once was enough!

To add to my fun day, Joan, my duplicate bridge partner and I came in 3rd today. That may not seem like much, but I'm thrilled to place as since the beginning of this year, we've played 5 times. We've come in 1st---twice, 2nd---once and 3rd---once. Placing 4 out of 5 games is pretty darn good. We're really on a roll!

Then, when I got home, I was able to get a lot of clothes switched over to my new hangers and put in my freshly painted closet. Little by little, I'll get it done.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.