Thursday, February 15, 2007

It's Official: Mindy is turning into her mother!

It's true! I picked up Mindy's first piece of needlework from the framers. It is gorgeous! It was only natural that she would be ready to try something new. She took up knitting in high school, but wanted a new challenge. At Thanksgiving, she picked out a hardanger project---not exactly for a beginner. I sent her back to school thinking she would just do the border and wait until she got home for the hard stitches. But, she surprised me by having it nearly completed when she got home at Christmas. We took it for framing right before she went back to New Orleans on the 15th of January. While at the Cross Stitch Corner, she picked another project---"Five O'clock Somewhere" which is a row of cocktail glasses filled with coctails and distinctive charms at the base of each one. As if a new challenge wasn't enough, she decided to do it on black! I don't think I could do anything on black anymore. She tells me that she is nearly finished with the new project too. But now that she's a working girl, I'm sure it's going to take awhile. Little by little, she is turning into ME! Sandy is already there. Steph has a ways to go---beginning with getting up early!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.