Thursday, June 13, 2024

Five Things Thursday

Today's post is all about my plants and flowers. 
1. These houseplants were just about dead. The sunroom is so cold in winter with all those windows--even though it's a heated room. It happens every year. This year, rather than throwing them away--like I usually do, I just brought them outside. 
    Here's the first one:

            I added fertilzier. This is after two weeks. 
                Lots of new growth starting.

                And then after 4 weeks!
                    It's amazing! It's back to beautiful! 

2. Here's the next one:
                        This one was really nearly dead.

                        Two weeks later:
                    Amazing new growth.

                    And then four weeks:
                        Amazing!

3. This wandering jew was all dried out and brown--one of the easiest houseplants. Freeze             definitely kills it. I don't have a before picture. I pulled all the brown off and cut it all the way         back. I really didn't expect it to recover, but here it is four weeks later.
        It's thriving again.

4. This makes me so happy. Volunteer shade impatiens from last year.
            It's going to start blooming any day now. But sadly, it's not going to last. It's growing in                the moss. There is no soil here. It's a nice shady spot, but it will burn up before too                    long. I thought about fertilizing it, but since there no soil, I figure the fertilizer will fry it.                I'm goin got just leave it alone and keep an eye on it.

5. This is the view from the sunroom. 
I decided to go with ALL red on the patio this year. Butch was fine with it. I have many different flowers--it's the red they have in common. Also, they are sun loving. So far so good. Butch found the new red gazing ball. I'll share more pictures next week.

                

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.