Wednesday, April 17, 2024

What I Buy/Didn't Buy Wednesday

Today, I'm having "non-buyers" remorse--really bad. Really. Bad. When we were at the beach, I wanted these shoes really bad. REALLY BAD!
It's hard to tell from the picture, but they are gold and sparkly. I LOVE sparkly things! I tried these on and they were super comfortable. Then, the devil on my left shoulder and the angel on my right shoulder began taunting me: "you don't need them" "you haven't bought new shoes in at least a month" "you already have plenty of metallic shoes" "you deserve them" "you'll need to get rid of one of your other pairs" "no you don't it's just one pair" and on and on back and forth--my head was spinning. The "angel" won out this time. This time. The "devil" is nagging me, "I told you to get them! They aren't going to be there when you go back in June." I'm sad that I didn't get them--like I said, "non-buyers" remorse. And yes, I will go back in June and look for them. I need them. Really bad! 

So, to console myself, I put all of my other shiny shoes together (after caressing them lovingly).
I'm wearing the upper left pair today. The ones on the upper right are probably 15 years old! They are so comfortable. All of these shoes are comfortable except the pair on the lower left. I love them (gold) but can't wear them more than a couple hours. Yes, I should probably get rid of them, but I love them, so they stay. I have a hard time breaking up with shoes. The ones on the lower right are the ones I bought in London. They are so sparkly, that they almost seem too dressy. I love them too. I love them all. I know, that's strong language to use for shoes--but it's true.

That really old, comfy pair has been all over the world with me. These have been washed in the washing machine dozens of times. All of the information has long since been washed away. But they are going strong. Just take a look at the soles:
Honestly, they are still like brand new. No wear whatsoever. They are some sort of rubbery plastic. The best part is that they are not slippery. Actually, none of my shoes are slippery. One little slip--no matter how small or if it's wet means those shoes go immediately. I take no chances with my footwear! These comfy ones are going with me tomorrow when we leave for our Tulip river cruise through Holland and Belgium. You'll find me and my shiny shoes walking all over the place! Can't wait. But darn, I wish I had those new ones!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.