Saturday, April 20, 2024

Scrapbook Saturday

Our AYM word for this month was "cups." These girls have gotten so good with coming up with great ideas. 

Nancy's layout.


Karolyn's layout.



Pam's layout.


Susan's layout.

Jeanne's layout.



Janet's layout.

My layout.


And now for some of my scrapbook frustrations. There are always frustrating parts of scrapbooking. For example, I cut a title on my Cricut. Then, I decided to see if Janet would like me to cut one for her. I did---and it was the wrong size! I forgot that I had changed it. The frustrating part about it was that it was the last of the gold that I had! Sheesh! 

Then, on Wednesday before our trip, I decided to get my "grid" ready for this month's AYM. Now, I am not a pro at using my sewing machine. So, I was really surprised when it came out perfect--at least the first page. I had to change the thread--sounds easy if you know what you are doing, but I don't. Still I got the new thread in. Then I adjusted the stitch and was happy 
It came out perfect!
Don't be fooled, my lines are just about perfectly straight despite how they look here. But when  I was pulling the thread to cut, I noticed that the bobbin thread was really tight. I decided to take out the bobbin. I unwound the tight thread until it pulled freely. I put the bobbin back in and started sewing the second page. This happened:
What? This looks like some sort of heart monitor test. I looked on the back, and it was the zigzag. So I figured that somehow I was sewing upside down. Okay, then I'll just keep going because I can turn the page over. 

So, I finished the line, but when I turned it over, this is what it looked like.
This is crap. I have no idea what went wrong. I guess I put the bobbin back in wrong. I don't have time to deal with it before our trip. But, now, it's going to bother me the whole time I'm on the trip. I don't like it when things are right. It's so darn frustrating!

Update:
I found myself with an extra hour the day we were to leave since Butch told me the wrong time. So, I went back to the sewing machine because this is going to mess with my trip. I don't like things hanging over my head. 

I took the bobbin out and turned it around. That didn't work. I took it out again and turned it around. Still doesn't work. I had to leave it. 

When I get home, I'll ask Karolyn--my sewing expert--to come over. I just hope I haven't screwed it up royally. It will cost me $100 to take it in. Considering I only paid $75 new, that doesn't seem worth it! But, I sure do like how the stitching looks on the page.

Stay tuned....
























No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.