Saturday, February 15, 2020

Valentines Day

It's been a crazy, busy week!

I went to the Memory Make Inn a week ago Thursday with my sisters and friends. The place is fabulous and the food is great. We've already set our fall dates---October 8-11. If you'd like to join us to do anything crafty, check it out here. Or email me for more info.

While I was gone, Butch left for Cuba with his brother. After my weekend, I went to St. Louis to spend a few days with my sister-in-law, Chris. We watched 7 movies (mostly old ones) and stitched. I loved that since I don't do that at home. Just stitching all day and watching movies---so much fun.

I left early on Wednesday (4:15 a.m.) because I wanted to have a few days at home with the house to myself and no cooking obligations. I got home around 10:30 with a single stop at the grocery store. I was showered and in my pajamas around 11:30---after unpacking, of course. I love lounging around in my pajamas. I can't do it when Butch is home because it makes me feel too lazy!

I was ready to settle in, pay bills and take care of business. Then, I discovered that my internet was acting up. I couldn't get most web pages to load. I did everything I could think:  restarting, shutting down the wifi and then shutting off my computer. None of it worked. There was only one thing left---take a nap. It wasn't until the next day that I decided I was going to have to call Comcast. As a last resort, I decided to unplug the box. Turns out, that did the trick. I'll try that first the next time!

Anyway, I had a great rest of the week which included playing bridge and seeing a movie---Downhill (don't bother---it was a downer---even though all the previews made it seem like it was a comedy---which you would expect from Will Smith and Julia Louis-Drefus, but it wasn't---AT ALL).

Butch won't get home until Sunday. I'm making a big pot of vegetable soup. He'll have had his fill of chicken (which he's decided he doesn't really like after all these years), lots of rice and beans!

On Monday, I've planned a little belated Valentine's dinner for us.
Actually, I came up with it on the fly when I went to the grocery store to buy the ingredients for the soup. I couldn't pass up this cute, heart shaped filet. It's actually two little filets smushed together to make the heart! And then, the flowers--if Butch had been here, he would have brought me flowers. For sure!

Can't wait for him to get home. We'll have happy hour while he tells me all about his trip. I'll put his photos on our tv and then he can give me the 3 hour rundown! Actually, I love it! He's always so excited to tell me everything!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.