Thursday, June 6, 2019

Throwback Thursday

I got in the Enclave with Butch the other day and saw this:

Really? Nobody uses cd's anymore! I said something about it and he said, "well, this car still has a CD player." So what? It all has a USB port. We get all of our music from Spotify these days. You can listen to anything you want. In fact, I'm planning to get rid of ALL the 500 cd's we have in an effort to get rid of stuff! We just don't need them. We don't even own a CD player in the house. No need for them.

Actually, cd's do seem pretty recent to be on a "throwback Thursday" post, but they are pretty much obsolete these days.

2 comments:

  1. Obsolete my foot! I have 3 drawers of them in my studio and play 5 or more when I am scrapping - that is if I am not listening to audiobooks or podcasts. And, I might add, there is still something to be said for listening to a whole album at once, rather than jumping from song to song on Spotify (the new radio). Of course, it could be that I am just in denial. I don't want ebooks to replace real books either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our son left a floor to ceiling cd rack behind when he left home under strict instructions that we are not to get rid of any! I'm not sure when he's going to come back to play them - would he notice if a few 'disappeared'? My new car doesn't have a CD player in it so all my old sing a long car tunes have gone and I have to rely on the radio!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.