Sunday, June 9, 2019

A Few Things

I have a few random pictures to share.

We were back in St. Louis a couple weeks ago.
 In St. Louis, Panera is Saint Louis Bread Company. Actually, Panera bought them years ago.
You can tell they have the same logo. Chrissy and I have found it's a perfect place to meet when I have limited time.

Uncle Tony took us to Favazza's on "the hill" for lunch. It was a beautiful day to sit outside. Aunt Marie was in the best mood! More like the Aunt Marie I've always known and love. I hope she continues to have these good, painfree days.
Butch makes my tea every morning---even when we're traveling! Usually we're in a hotel and he makes it there, or goes to the breakfast buffet and brings it back. On this trip, we were staying at Walt and Chris'. He brought me my tea while I was still in bed reading before he left for golf.  I take pictures like this to send to the girls to show them how thoughtful he is---about some things!
 On one of our trips home we saw the most gorgeous sunset.
 This was taken near our house.
This could be a picture for sure.
And then we came home to this. The irony of the "downed" tree is that there is another, that is deader than a doornail (wonder where that saying came from and what it means. I'll have to look it up.*) that is still standing. It's only a matter of time. And,  of course, both trees belong to the neighbor. But, as we've found out before, that doesn't matter. If it falls in your yard, it's your problem. I guess it's our problem too that this tree has crushed my knock out roses.

Sheesh, if it's not one thing, it's another.

*Okay, so I looked it up:
Door nails were long used to strengthen the door. The person building the door would hammer the nail all the way through the boards. On the other side, he would hammer the end flat, bending it so that the nail would be more secure. In doing so, the nail was rendered unusable for any other purpose. It would be difficult to remove and even more difficult to use again elsewhere. Thus, the bent nail was commonly called “dead” (not just to do with doors, but elsewhere where the nail was bent over and couldn’t be used again.)

Now we know.


1 comment:

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.